Verilog / VHDL translator or mixed simulator
Author Message
 Verilog / VHDL translator or mixed simulator

Hello,

I'd like to know what tool is good to :

(1)Simulate Verilog and VHDL at same time interactivelly.
          ( = mixed interactive simulator of Verilog and VHDL )
(2)Translate VHDL to Verilog to run with Verilog simulator.
(3)Translate VHDL to C to incorporate into Verilog through PLI.
(4)Translate Verilog to VHDL to run with VHDL simulator.

Mixed interactive (higher de{*filter*}bility is requred) simulator may be
the best answer.

One answer may be logic-synthesize VHDL then get Verilog gate netlist,
but VHDL part is large enough. So better answer may translate Verilog
into VHDL and simulate everything on the VHDL simulator.

From "comp.lang.verilog FAQ", I could find some of them but I'd like to
hear with your recommendation:-), like coverage of language specification,
translation / simulation speed, etc, etc...
I can use any platform of SunOS, Solaris2, HP-UX, WindowsNT.

Hope your help. Thanks.

     Integrated Designing Division, Telecommunications Group
     Oki Electric Industry Co.,Ltd.

Sat, 31 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog / VHDL translator or mixed simulator

Quote:

> Hello,

> I'd like to know what tool is good to :

> (1)Simulate Verilog and VHDL at same time interactivelly.
>           ( = mixed interactive simulator of Verilog and VHDL )
> (2)Translate VHDL to Verilog to run with Verilog simulator.
> (3)Translate VHDL to C to incorporate into Verilog through PLI.
> (4)Translate Verilog to VHDL to run with VHDL simulator.

> Mixed interactive (higher de{*filter*}bility is requred) simulator may be
> the best answer.

I've heard Modeltech's got the best VHDL/Verilog cosimulation ability,
and they do have a good C interface.  I don't recall seeing anything
about them being able to run PLI.  For that, you'd probably have to use
Cadence Verilog XL+Leapfrog.

Sat, 07 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog / VHDL translator or mixed simulator

Quote:

>I've heard Modeltech's got the best VHDL/Verilog cosimulation ability,
>and they do have a good C interface.  I don't recall seeing anything
>about them being able to run PLI.  For that, you'd probably have to use
>Cadence Verilog XL+Leapfrog.

I have used this product for mixed simulation. PLI is supported but I can't say how good this support is since I havent used any PLI routines. However I have run mixed simulations and have been happy with it. Pure vhdl simulation and mixed simulation
(verilog module and vhdl module in vhdl testbench) gave the same simulation performance(time).

---
Sudhakaran

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Verilog / VHDL translator or mixed simulator

2. Translator Verilog->VHDL and VHDL simulator

3. Mixed VHDL/Verilog simulator ?

4. Re : Verilog / VHDL mixed simulators

5. Mixed VHDL/Verilog simulator ?

6. mixed mode simulators (VHDL with other gate level models)

7. Mixed VHDL and Verilog with Xilinx ISE

8. problems for design using mixed verilog and vhdl

9. Aldec VHDL/Verilog Simulator !

10. Mixed VHDL and Verilog Design Question

11. ncverilog and mixed vhdl-verilog simulation

12. European Verilog/VHDL simulator vendors