Display RGB pixel data in a display window
Author Message
 Display RGB pixel data in a display window

Quote:

> I'm developing and ASIC were I have RGB (4 bit each color) coming out of our
> asic. I want to take the RGB values and display them inside a window to see
> the display. I believe a PLI is the way to go. Is it? Do anyone know if
> something already exist? Any info would be appreciated.

You could also write the RGB values to a file and post-process the
file with a small {C,Tcl,Perl,<fill inn your favorite here>} program.

The simulation will probably be too slow for animation anyway. If not
let me know what simulator and hardware you're using :-)

Petter
Petter Gustad     8'h2B | (~8'h2B) - Hamlet     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pegu
#include <stdio.h>/* compile/run this program to get my email address */
int main(void) {printf ("pegu\100computer\056org\nmy opinions only\n");}

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Display RGB pixel data in a display window

Quote:

> I'm developing and ASIC were I have RGB (4 bit each color) coming out of our
> asic. I want to take the RGB values and display them inside a window to see
> the display. I believe a PLI is the way to go. Is it? Do anyone know if
> something already exist? Any info would be appreciated.

write it out as 3-byte (24-bit) values (RGB or BGR it doesn't matter)
into
a binary file, then use the (free) pbm tools to convert from 'raw'
format to
some other usefull format (like PPM) for viewing in XV (or as a followup
convert the PPM to JPG to look at it with your favourite web browser)

    Paul

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Display RGB pixel data in a display window

Quote:

> > I'm developing and ASIC were I have RGB (4 bit each color) coming out of our
> > asic. I want to take the RGB values and display them inside a window to see
> > the display. I believe a PLI is the way to go. Is it? Do anyone know if
> > something already exist? Any info would be appreciated.

> write it out as 3-byte (24-bit) values (RGB or BGR it doesn't matter)
> into
> a binary file, then use the (free) pbm tools to convert from 'raw'
> format to
> some other usefull format (like PPM) for viewing in XV (or as a followup
> convert the PPM to JPG to look at it with your favourite web browser)

>     Paul

  It may not be the right way,  if "real-time" picture needed, i.e. to
see how picture changing  while simulation.  In  that case PLI is  the
best way,  another opportunity - write standalone  program and link it
with simulator through the pipe file.

--
 Dmitry

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. displaying RGB info on VGA

2. How to display a 24Bit RGB Image ??

3. J-Displaying data structure in windows?

4. Window display while data running

5. Updating other windows displaying related data

6. PLI pixel display routines

7. widget for displaying pixel maps

8. Writing a single pixel to the display

9. Writing a single pixel to the display

10. Tcl/Tk and a pixel-driven display

11. Displaying color pixel in a canvas.