code coverage analysis
Author Message
 code coverage analysis

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a tool doing simulation code coverage analysis
for verilog sources. Our verilog designs contain a pile of primitive
instances where parameters are set at module instantiation. Inside those
primitives there often are IF branches where the condition made up only on
static parameters. However, common code coverage analysis tools mark all
paths not selected during simulation as coverage gap. Does anybody now a
code coverage analysis tool which is capable of filtering those "known"
coverage gaps?

Regards,
Andi

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:57:49 GMT
 code coverage analysis
We build custom analysis tools for many languages by using automated program
transformations.

See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

A paper on how we do code coverage for conventional procedural languages can
be found at

http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Tools.html

This idea can be used to insert "probes" for test converage into any
arbitrary

structure, and could probably be used for your special task.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D. CTO Semantic Designs, Inc.
http://www.semdesigns.com

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am currently looking for a tool doing simulation code coverage analysis
> for verilog sources. Our verilog designs contain a pile of primitive
> instances where parameters are set at module instantiation. Inside those
> primitives there often are IF branches where the condition made up only on
> static parameters. However, common code coverage analysis tools mark all
> paths not selected during simulation as coverage gap. Does anybody now a
> code coverage analysis tool which is capable of filtering those "known"
> coverage gaps?

> Regards,
> Andi

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 05:59:20 GMT

1. Request info about Code Coverage Analysis

2. Compaq Visual Fortran Code Coverage Analysis

3. Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

4. Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

5. Coverage analysis tool from Smalltalk Report Oct/95

6. Test coverage analysis for pure functional languages?

7. are there coverage analysis tools?

8. Request info about Coverage analysis

9. Request info about Coverage analysis

10. Looking for a test coverage analysis tool

11. coverage analysis tools

12. For S. A. McConnell - coverage analysis