Passing filename to $dumpfile with VCS
Author Message
 Passing filename to $dumpfile with VCS

Hi,

I've been trying to pass a filename to $dumpfile, but haven't had any
success.
I'm using VCS to create Debussy, Undertow and vcd files.

I'm using $value$plusargs() (from Chris Spear) to extract the filename
from my command line, which works fine, but I can't get $dumpfile to
accept it.

reg [1000:0] s1;
reg [1:0] status;

$status = $value$plusargs("FILENAME=%s", s1);

$dumpfile(s1);

My compilation fails with :

Error: illegal argument to $dumpfile

If I use   $fsdbDumpFile(s1)    I can create a debussy file with no
problems.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Lindsay Gill

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:38:48 GMT

1. passing filename at runtime to synopsys vcs

2. How to pass a string from PLI to verilog/vcs

3. How to pass a string from PLI to verilog/vcs

4. Help on VCS + VirSim (GUI for VCS)

5. Filename passing??

6. pass several filenames to the subroutine

7. Passing the filename when calling the executable

8. Pass input filename to compiled program?

9. Windows passes filename in 8.3 format and not in long format to tcl script

10. How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report

11. Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

12. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???