Pretty printing verilog
Author Message
 Pretty printing verilog

Hi,

Does anybody know of a shareware/freeware utility that
will 'rretty print' Verilog source code?
I have the equivalent VHDL utility, but now I would
like the same for Verilog.

Dirk

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pretty printing verilog

Try gnu enscript with -E verilog.  Works great!
You can find it at: http://www.gnu.ai.mit.edu/

Cheers,
Erik.

Quote:
>Does anybody know of a shareware/freeware utility that
>will 'rretty print' Verilog source code?
>I have the equivalent VHDL utility, but now I would
>like the same for Verilog.

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pretty printing verilog

Hi Dirk

We recently use a pretty print tool named 'mika' and we like it.

It supports pretty printing of many different languages, such as
  ada   c       c++     caml    claire  coq-vernacular  common-lisp
  eiffel        fortran java    lace    68000   mailfolder
modula-3
  o2c   oberon  Pascal  perl    postscript      PreScript       prolog
  promela       python  sather  scheme  sdl-88  sh      tcl
tk                VERILOG       VHDL    zsh

The most of these will be recognized automatically.

Try to download a2ps from http://www-stud.enst.fr/~demaille/ftp/a2ps/
(mika seems to be renamed to a2ps now)

Cheers, Didi
                                 (o o)
------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------------------------
From: Didi Niklaus AET/NUDA, BW20          _/_/     _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/
Ascom Ericsson Transmission Ltd          _/  _/    _/         _/
Belpstr. 37, 3000 Bern 14, CH          _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/     _/
                                     _/      _/  _/         _/

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pretty printing verilog

Quote:

> Does anybody know of a shareware/freeware utility that
> will 'rretty print' Verilog source code?
> I have the equivalent VHDL utility, but now I would
> like the same for Verilog.

Try a2ps, get it at:

http://www-stud.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps.html

-Rick

Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pretty printing verilog

Quote:

>> Does anybody know of a shareware/freeware utility that
>> will 'rretty print' Verilog source code?
>> I have the equivalent VHDL utility, but now I would
>> like the same for Verilog.

I have two pretty printers listed on my web page. You might want to
look there under the tools section.....

--Celia Clause                    Celia's Verilog/EDA web page:

  (Please direct all e-mail to teleport. Jadzia is not on the net.)

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Pretty printing verilog

Quote:

> > Does anybody know of a shareware/freeware utility that
> > will 'rretty print' Verilog source code?
> > I have the equivalent VHDL utility, but now I would
> > like the same for Verilog.

> Try a2ps, get it at:

> http://www-stud.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps.html

> -Rick

Another choice is pprint, about which I've recently posted.  Surf to

        http://cag-www.lcs.mit.edu/pprint/

Both a2ps and pprint do a good job on verilog.
It's a matter of taste.  They both do boldfacing
of keywords and italicizing of comments.

a2ps is more configurable, and it knows vhdl.

pprint generates output that looks better by default, IMO, and is more
dense while still being readable, mainly because it knows how to use
properly.

pprint also generates a cross-reference table for module definitions
and usage.

--
Joshua Marantz                                  617-621-1700 x114

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pretty printing Verilog(/VHDL) code from Unix

2. Pretty Printing Verilog in TeX Documents

3. Pretty printing Verilog(/VHDL) code from Unix

4. Verilog Pretty Print / VerilogGrind

5. Pretty printing streams and *print-right-margin* modification

6. Postscript pretty-printer/xref for c/c++/verilog code available

7. Want Verilog Pretty Printer

8. Pretty 'print' files from awk

9. Pretty print for Smalltalk

10. Pretty Print of C4 source code