Verilog Beginner Text
Author Message
 Verilog Beginner Text

On Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:21:43 -0700, Dave Ford

Quote:

>Could anyone recommend a good textbook on Verilog programming for
>synthesis?  Thanks a lot.

I was looking for Verilog text in June 96 and got three:

_The Verilog Hardware Description Language_ Second Edition
Thomas/Moorby ISBN 0-7923-9523-9

_Digital Design and Synthesis with Verilog HDL_
Sternheim/Singh/Madhavan/Trivedi ISBN 0-9627488-2-X

_Verilog HDL A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis_
Palnitkar ISBN 0-13-451675-3

I think Palnitkar's is the best. I rarely reference the others.
It came with a CD-ROM containing examples and a limited compiler.
Try http://www.*-*-*.com/   or   http://www.*-*-*.com/

I think it was about $65 US.

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog Beginner Text

Could anyone recommend a good textbook on Verilog programming for
synthesis?  Thanks a lot.

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog Beginner Text

Quote:
> On Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:21:43 -0700, Dave Ford

> >Could anyone recommend a good textbook on Verilog programming for
> >synthesis?  Thanks a lot.

> I was looking for Verilog text in June 96 and got three:

> _The Verilog Hardware Description Language_ Second Edition
> Thomas/Moorby ISBN 0-7923-9523-9

The 3rd edition is out now. IMHO this new third edition is
quite a good upgrade from the second edition. There is a lot more
information
than the second edition, including more info on synthesis.
Quote:

> _Digital Design and Synthesis with Verilog HDL_
> Sternheim/Singh/Madhavan/Trivedi ISBN 0-9627488-2-X

> _Verilog HDL A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis_
> Palnitkar ISBN 0-13-451675-3

> I think Palnitkar's is the best. I rarely reference the others.
> It came with a CD-ROM containing examples and a limited compiler.
> Try http://www.prenhall.com   or  http://www.indusinc.com

> I think it was about $65 US.

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog Beginner Text

Well, if you are using Synopsys for
synthesis...there is nothing better than
their notes.

jeetendra

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog Beginner Text

Quote:

> On Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:21:43 -0700, Dave Ford

> >Could anyone recommend a good textbook on Verilog programming for
> >synthesis?  Thanks a lot.

> I was looking for Verilog text in June 96 and got three:

> _The Verilog Hardware Description Language_ Second Edition
> Thomas/Moorby ISBN 0-7923-9523-9

> _Digital Design and Synthesis with Verilog HDL_
> Sternheim/Singh/Madhavan/Trivedi ISBN 0-9627488-2-X

> _Verilog HDL A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis_
> Palnitkar ISBN 0-13-451675-3

> I think Palnitkar's is the best. I rarely reference the others.
> It came with a CD-ROM containing examples and a limited compiler.
> Try http://www.*-*-*.com/   or   http://www.*-*-*.com/

> I think it was about $65 US.

       If think after certain level of Verilog expertise this
book will be very useful. This book is for both Verilog and VHDL.
Only drawback is authors discuss only Synopsys.
        Rajesh

TITLE  : LOGIC SYNTHESIS USING SYNOPSYS           [  1.0 ed]
AUTHOR : KURUP/ABBASI
ISBN # : 079239786X
PUB BY : KLUWER ACADEMIC PUBLISHERS
YEAR   : Oct 1996
SUBJECT: LOGIC DESIGN/DIGITAL DESIGN
PRICE  : $ 120.00

Book Review:

An expanded edition of an advanced text based on the Synopsis
compilers and tool suite.  Introduces high level design with
a requirement and focus on logic synthesis and the in-depth
understanding of tools and the design process. Overviews
design methodology and discusses VHDL/Verilog coding issues.
Covers design flow, synthesis simulation, design optimization,
links to layout, FPGA synthesis, testability design,
interfacing, re-use, and behavi{*filter*}synthesis.  Familiarity
with VHDL or Verilog and basic design concepts is assumed.
~
~

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.*-*-*.com/

InReference, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Verilog Beginner Text

2. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

3. verilog beginner

4. Beginner Verilog Question

5. How to Learn Verilog - Beginner

6. Verilog beginner trying to implement pipelining

7. beginner question: which is best , VHDL or Verilog ???

8. Beginner's Verilog COurse - session two

9. I need a Verilog (FREE!) manual (for beginner)

10. Recomendations for a good Verilog book for beginners

11. Beginner experience with Verilog

12. beginner question: which is best , VHDL or Verilog ???