Boston: ASIC DESIGNERS @ SUN
Author Message
 Boston: ASIC DESIGNERS @ SUN

THESE ARE SOME POSITIONS BASED IN CHELMSFORD, MASSACHUSETTS
           N O   A G E N C I E S/ R E C R U I T E R S
Employment Agency referrals/resumes for this posting are NOT
being considered at this time. Sun does not accept unsolicited
referrals.

5/16/96                       /\
                              \ \
                             \ \ /        /\  | | |  |
                            \ \ / /       \   | | |\ |
                           / \/ \/ /\      \  | | | \|
                          / /     / /     \/  |_| |  |
                          \/ /\ /\ /
                            / / \ \       MICROSYSTEMS
                             / \ \
                              \ \         MASSACHUSETTS
                               \/

Sun is an established leader in open system solutions - we
employ more than 1000 professional in Massachusetts. If you
want to work with the hardware engineers in the industry,
in an environment that feels like a start-up, consider
Sun Microsystems in Massachusetts!

                PCI Bus Interface Designers

---------------
NOT ENTRY LEVEL
---------------
THE POSITION
------------
Individual contributors to help design high speed, high-performance
PCI host bridge ASIC. Engineers will be a part of a two-member design
team that will develop next generation PCI host bridge ASIC.
The ASIC will connect the processor/memory bus to high-performance
PCI subsystems in future Sun systems. Will own design blocks within
60K gate PCI host bridge module. Own coding of new design and
recoding of existing design in high level description language,
logic synthesis, timing analysis, block-level simulations, and
documentation. Also involved with Unix shells/utilities, system
performance analysis, chip-level simulations, PCI compliance testing,
floorplanning, ASIC back-end flow, and testability.

------------------------
WE REQUIRE THAT YOU HAVE
------------------------
BS EE or CE, VLSI Design.
3 or more years relevant industry experience (BEYOND ACADEMIA)
with Computer architecture and VLSI design background, familiarity
with ASIC design process and flow (Verilog, Synopsys, static
timing analysis), familiarity with industry-standard I/O protocols
(PCI, ethernet, SCSI). Unrestricted eligibility to work in the U.S.

-----------------------------
PREFERABLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE
-----------------------------
MS CE/EE preferred with VLSI design concentration as is experience
with scripting languages (Perl, ksh/csh). Familiarity with clock
distribution, floorplanning, back-end ASIC flow, PLI/C based verification
methodologies and board-level design a plus.

---------------------------
ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS
---------------------------
Host Bridge ASIC Designers
---------------------------
Individual contributors to help design high speed, high-performance
I/O host bridge ASIC. Engineers will be a part of a design team
that will develop next generation I/O host bridge ASIC. The ASIC
will connect the processor/memory bus to high-performance I/O
subsystems in future Sun systems. You will own the design
sub-blocks within 60K gate PCI host bridge module and 80K proprietary
processor/memory bus interface block.  Own coding of new design
and recoding of existing design in high level description language,
logic synthesis, timing analysis, block-level simulations, and
documentation. Also involves Unix shells/utilities, chip-level
simulations, testability.

------------------------
WE REQUIRE THAT YOU HAVE
------------------------
BS EE or CE, VLSI Design. RECENT GRADS MAY APPLY.
Digital logic and VLSI design background, computer architecture,
CAE tools and methods, good {*filter*}and written presentation skills.
Unrestricted eligibility to work in the U.S.

-----------------------------
PREFERABLy YOU WILL ALSO HAVE
-----------------------------
Familiarity with ASIC design process and flow (Verilog, Synopsys,
static timing analysis), experience with scripting languages (Perl,
ksh/csh). MS EE/CE with VLSI Design concentration.

Great benefits (profit sharing, 401k matching, medical/dental..)
and salaries. Relocation assistance available.
     FOR POSITIONS BASED IN CHELMSFORD, MASSACHUSETTS

        Please send one resume to one of the following
        indicating position of interest to:

                                         ATTN: NET/VAD516

                              fax: 508 442 0011

                           usmail: Sun Microsystems, Employment
                                   2 Omni Way
                                   Chelmsford, MA 01824

                    N O   A G E N C I E S
Employment Agency referrals/resumes for this posting or our

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Boston: ASIC DESIGNERS @ SUN

2. US-MA-Boston-Lead ASIC Designer position

3. Boston: Sun wants ASIC ENGINEERS!

4. boston: ASIC DESIGN FLOW @ Sun East

5. boston: jobs-ASIC DESIGN @ Sun

6. ASIC Design Openings in Boston @ Sun

7. boston: ASIC DESIGN FLOW @ Sun East

8. boston: jobs-ASIC DESIGN @ Sun

9. Verilog/ASIC Designers for Sun Massachusetts

10. Verilog/ASIC Designers for Sun Massachusetts

11. verilog experts in boston/asic desgn verification

12. ASIC positions in Boston-repost with sig