method dispatch ?
Author Message
 method dispatch ?

I am gathering information concerning method dispatch in OO-languages.
Being unfamiliar with verilog, can anybody tell me (or better, refer
to a publication in which it is discussed) how method dispatching is
implemented ?

Thanks in advance,

Karel Driesen
Department of Computer Science
University of California Santa Barbara

Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:04:01 GMT
 method dispatch ?
quick and dirty description of "method dispatch":

Module object(port list);
port declarations;
module variable declarations;

task bar;
argument list;
method;
endtask

endmodule

module main;
module variable declarations;

object foo (port instantiations);

initial
  begin
    foo.bar(argument list);
  end

endmodule

All variables are global. All objects are static and declared ( instantiated )
at compile time. No inheritance. No polymorphism.

It's meant to be a hardware description language, not OO.

                                        John Williams

Wed, 09 Apr 1997 02:56:34 GMT

1. method dispatch ?

2. multi-method dispatch

3. simple method dispatch question

4. method dispatch for gwydion

5. method dispatch ?

6. Method Dispatch Ambiguity

7. method dispatch ?

8. Ada 9x and method dispatch

9. the "problem" of method dispatch in the DRM

10. Q: Can hash be used in OO multi-method dispatch?

11. When is method dispatch set for generic funcs in MEROON?

12. Which is faster, typep or method dispatch on type?