parametric definition of reg sizes in modules
Author Message
 parametric definition of reg sizes in modules

HI

I want to write a behavi{*filter*}model of an N bit wide arithmetic cricuit,
say adder. I need to do some operations in the model which depends on the
data size. So I define the size as a parameter so that I can change it
when I instantiate in a top level design.

The question is - Can I use the data size parameter to define the internal
register sizes of the adder module?

WHat I am observing that if I set the data size parameter, say 8, inside
the adder module, it works as long as I instantiate it in top level with a
data size parameter of less than 8. Any parameter setting at the top level
to a number larger than 8 is reflected correctly in the operations of the
adder module, BUT the register sizes gets truncated to 8 (the parameter
definiton inside the adder module)

ANy suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bye
Dipankar Talukdar
Dept of Electrical and Computer Engg
State Univ of New York at Buffalo

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. test reg,reg

2. Preview/Printed Page size is different thatn Report Definition

3. Packing Records Using Size Attribute Definitions Clauses

4. function definition in member module

5. Replacing function/class definitions across modules

6. FREEWARE: H2D v1.14 - C headers to Modula-2 definition modules translator

7. Imports in definition and implementation modules

8. FREEWARE: H2D v1.14 - C headers to Modula-2 definition modules translator

9. IMPORT in definition module

10. IMPORT in definition module

11. Win32 API definition modules

12. FREEWARE: H2D v1.14 - C headers to Modula-2 definition modules translator