newbie seeking Verilog info
Author Message
 newbie seeking Verilog info

Hello all. I would like to get into Verilog design/verification/synthesis for
FPGA designs. I've never even seen Verilog before right now, but have
a small amount of VHDL background. What books are recommended to learn
Verilog from scratch? What cheap software is available for compiling and
simulating? I'm looking at using Atmel FPGAs, mostly because I work there,
and have a copy of their software that has ssynthesis capability, but
I need to verify my code for typos, simulation bugs, etc. As I'm doing
this on my own for a hobby project, I can't afford the spiffy software
that costs thousands of dollars. Is there something available for Windows
or Linux for a couple hundred that does both compiling and simulation?
Or something under gnu yet? How reliable are any such tools? Thank you
for your help.

Bill

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie question: Tech writer seeks info on Verilog

2. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

3. Seeking info on a Macintosh-based Eiffel system...

4. Seeking info on Telescript

5. Seeking COMIX info

6. Seeking Flagship info

7. VM Integrity Errors - solid info sought

8. VM Integrity Errors - solid info sought

9. Seeking info on Rachel Harrison's ADT/SML text

10. Old Tandy laptop info sought

11. Country Code Info Sought

12. Seeking info about ML/I macro processor