timing violation displays
Author Message
 timing violation displays

Hi,
We have a problem in some simulations where the timing check options are
enabled, due to some long initialisation times we are getting a lot of
timing information warnings that are not relevant.
Is it possible to enable timing checks after compile time ?
or  control the output of the messages during a simulation ?

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 timing violation displays

Quote:
> We have a problem in some simulations where the timing check options are
> enabled, due to some long initialisation times we are getting a lot of
> timing information warnings that are not relevant.
> Is it possible to enable timing checks after compile time ?
> or  control the output of the messages during a simulation ?

Assuming you're using Verilog-XL, you can use the
  $disable_warnings("timing");
           OR
  $disable_warnings("timing", module1, module2, ...);
command at the start of simulation.  Then you'd use
  $enable_warnings("timing");
           OR
  $enable_warnings("timing", module1, module2, ...);
at the point you want to start paying attention to them again.

Note: This does NOT disable the timing checks, just the warning messages...
      I.e. - Unknown states can still be generated when a timing check is
      violated, but no warning messages are printed on the screen.
Caution: Use the $disable_warnings command with caution, since it can cause
      you to miss potentially valid timing violations...

Northern Telecom - Research Triangle Park, NC

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. real time, time series display

2. Timing Violations

3. setup-time violation

4. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

5. Timing violation!

6. setup-time violation

7. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

8. Hold Time Violation

9. Salford FTN95 Access violation on compile time

10. How to time out ISPF Dialog display

11. Displaying the Time, TIA

12. records displayed too many times on List