need help with $setup / $hold
Author Message
 need help with $setup / $hold

Hi all.

I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

specify
  specparam
    Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
    $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
    $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
endspecify

with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use parameters
(Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:33:22 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold
Hi all.

I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

specify
  specparam
    Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
    $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
    $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
endspecify

with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use parameters
(Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:37:19 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold
Hi all.

I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

specify
  specparam
    Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
    $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
    $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
endspecify

with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use parameters
(Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

Thanks,

Alon

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:44:38 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold
Hi all.

I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

specify
  specparam
    Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
    $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
    $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
endspecify

with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use parameters
(Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:37:19 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold

Quote:

> Hi all.

> I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

> specify
>   specparam
>     Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
>     $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
>     $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
> endspecify

> with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use parameters
> (Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

This is something I'd like to do but as far as I can see, & I hope I'm wrong,
specparams cannot be overridden like normal parameters - not even via an SDF.
This seems to make them not much more than a formalised `define.

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:21:54 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold
Thanks for your time.
Alon

Quote:

> > Hi all.

> > I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

> > specify
> >   specparam
> >     Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
> >     $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
> >     $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
> > endspecify

> > with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use
parameters
> > (Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

> This is something I'd like to do but as far as I can see, & I hope I'm
wrong,
> specparams cannot be overridden like normal parameters - not even via an
SDF.
> This seems to make them not much more than a formalised `define.

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:40:17 GMT
 need help with $setup / $hold
Hi,
   I usually have only one or very few setup/hold requirment so I
simple had a defintion for each of them and called the appropriate one
but I did have a requirment once of many different Ck-Q and you might
want to take it and with small modificartion you can have a generic
setup/hold.

module chk_ck2q (sig,clk);
input sig,clk;
parameter MAX_CK2Q = 8 ;
integer ck2q,base,new ;

   base = $time;

begin
   new = $time;
   ck2q = new - base ;
`ifdef debugmon
   $display ("%0t IG %m SIGNAL Have CK->Q of %d ns",$time,ck2q);
`endif
   if (ck2q > MAX_CK2Q)
      $display ("%0t IG %m ERROR SIGNAL HAVE A CK->Q TIMING VIOLETION
OF %d ns",$time,ck2q);
end

endmodule

have a nice day

   Illan

Quote:
> Thanks for your time.
> Alon

> > > Hi all.

> > > I'm trying to replace this piece of code:

> > > specify
> > >   specparam
> > >     Tsu1 = 110, Th1 = 110 ;
> > >     $setup (CI0_tx, edge [10] codec0_clk, Tsu1);
> > >     $hold  (edge [10] codec0_clk, CI0_tx, Th1);
> > > endspecify

> > > with something generic, that is, force the specify block to use
> parameters
> > > (Tsu1 and Th1) defined elsewhere.

> > This is something I'd like to do but as far as I can see, & I hope
I'm
> wrong,
> > specparams cannot be overridden like normal parameters - not even
via an
> SDF.
> > This seems to make them not much more than a formalised `define.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 03 May 2003 09:28:36 GMT

1. help with setup and hold time of d-flip flop

2. latch setup & hold

3. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

4. what is $setup and $hold time?

5. PLI: Setup and Hold monitoring

6. setup hold time

7. setup & hold for latch

8. $setup and $hold

9. Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

10. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

11. negetive setup/hold..?

12. setup and hold modelling in vhdl