free wave drawing tool
Author Message
 free wave drawing tool

        Hi.
I wanted to address this message to the community of the asic
designers, since it has loose connection to verilog.
But I guess verilog community and asic design community is pretty
much the same.

I'm looking for a free software to draw wave / timing diagrams.
Something parralel to Synapticad TimingDiagramer.
Does anyone know about such tool ?

I once heard about a way to draw timing diagrams using microsoft
Excell.
Does anyone knows about drawing timing diagram using Excell ?

ThankX &
Best Regards,
Yoram.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:54:56 GMT
 free wave drawing tool
I remember using a drawing package called "TopDraw" which you could add to a Word97 doc. It basically
allows you to define shapes which can be rotated and scaled and stretched any way you want. You build a shape library.
What I did once in a past life was to build waveform shapes and link them together, it worked out pretty good, and was easier
than say Microsoft Draw (From Word), Powerpoint, or Adobe FrameMaker. It was also pretty good for drawing simple schematics.

It wasn't free, but it was approx $25.   I'm not sure if it is still around.
Maybe worth checking into.

You may also wish to look at Timing Designer $$$ for a more high end tool (PC version okay, Unix version supports MIF format only).

Quote:

> Hi.
> I wanted to address this message to the community of the asic
> designers, since it has loose connection to verilog.
> But I guess verilog community and asic design community is pretty
> much the same.

> I'm looking for a free software to draw wave / timing diagrams.
> Something parralel to Synapticad TimingDiagramer.
> Does anyone know about such tool ?

> I once heard about a way to draw timing diagrams using microsoft
> Excell.
> Does anyone knows about drawing timing diagram using Excell ?

> ThankX &
> Best Regards,
> Yoram.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 09:03:57 GMT

1. utf8 and Rogue Wave's Tools.h++

2. WAVES packages/tools

3. Free Wave simulator

4. Free Wave-Viewers / Frontline PureSpeed

5. 2-D drawing tools?

6. WANTED PD MAC OOA/D Diagram Drawing Tool

7. Search for tool to draw VHDL Hierarchy

8. [??] Advanced Software Technologies' OO drawing tool

9. Graph-drawing tool -- what do you use?

10. any drawing tool with Python scripting?

11. Graph Drawing and Layout tools ?

12. OT: Searching (very) simple drawing tool