JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR
Author Message
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>                   Principal Engineer
>                  Digital ASIC Design

  [ much deleted. ]

Quote:
>               Qualis Design Corporation
>                 ATTN: Human Resources
>                  FAX: (503) 629-5525

>     No phone calls, please.  Principals only, please.

Looks like the beginning of the headhunters flooding our technical
newsgroups with job openings they're trying to fill...

Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
and comp.lang.vhdl?

(If you're interested in these types of posts, I know plenty of headhunters
who would gladly flood comp.lang.verilog and comp.lang.vhdl with all sorts
of great job opportunities....)

                                        - John Cooley
                                          EDA & ASIC Design Consultant
                                          (and ESNUG Moderator, too!)

 Trapped trying to figure out a Synopsys bug?  Want to hear how 1867 other
 users dealt with it ?  Then join the E-Mail Synopsys Users Group (ESNUG)!

     /o o\  /  it's a FEATURE!"                 (508) 429-4357
    (  >  )
     \ - /    - John Cooley, ASIC Design Consultant knowlegable in Synopsys,
     _] [_      Verilog, VHDL, i-Logix, SPICE, MOTIVE, Aida ATPG, ECL/GaAs
                and numerous Design Methodologies.  Have brain, will travel.

 Snail Mail: Holliston Poor Farm,  P.O. Box 6222, Holliston, MA  01746-6222
   Standard Legal Disclaimer: "Anything said here are only opinions."

Mon, 18 Mar 1996 13:37:12 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>  [ much deleted. ]
>Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
>some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
>and comp.lang.vhdl?

I completely agree - they should use appropriate newsgroups. There are
various such groups, misc.jobs.offered for example.
--

phone: +49-231 755 6464, FAX: +49-231 755 6555
T. Dettmer, Dortmund University, Computer Science I, 44221 Dortmund, Germany

Mon, 18 Mar 1996 15:27:22 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>>                   Principal Engineer
>Looks like the beginning of the headhunters flooding our technical
>newsgroups with job openings they're trying to fill...

>Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
>some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
>and comp.lang.vhdl?

I too am bothered by this (and by the Cadence encryption debate going on here--
it started on comp.lang.verilog and then started being cross-posted).

I humbly suggest that people use misc.jobs and its subtopics for job-related
postings.
--

2 Davis Drive           voice: 919-990-9506              facts, but having an
P.O. Box 13036          fax:   919-990-8561              opinion is an art!"

Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:56:03 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>Looks like the beginning of the headhunters flooding our technical
>newsgroups with job openings they're trying to fill...

>Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
>some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
>and comp.lang.vhdl?

>(If you're interested in these types of posts, I know plenty of headhunters
>who would gladly flood comp.lang.verilog and comp.lang.vhdl with all sorts
>of great job opportunities....)

I'm not bothered by this one bit. In fact, I think it's more appropriate.
misc.jobs.offered is always filled with TONS of postings, which makes it
next to worthless to peruse manually. If anything, crosspost the job
offering to m.j.o, but this is quite convenient. Think about it -- ASIC
designers read comp.lang.verilog, UNIX wizards read comp.unix.wizards -- it's
a more efficient way to get to the target audience. I'd much rather see
postings in these newsgroups than wade through the noise of
``SYBASE/COBOL/SQL/CLIPPER CONTRACT WANTED!!'' postings.

        -Kartik

Mon, 18 Mar 1996 23:23:39 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

        >Looks like the beginning of the headhunters flooding our technical
        >newsgroups with job openings they're trying to fill...
        >
        >Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
        >some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
        >and comp.lang.vhdl?
        >
        >(If you're interested in these types of posts, I know plenty of headhunters
        >who would gladly flood comp.lang.verilog and comp.lang.vhdl with all sorts
        >of great job opportunities....)

        I'm not bothered by this one bit. In fact, I think it's more appropriate.
        misc.jobs.offered is always filled with TONS of postings, which makes it
        next to worthless to peruse manually. If anything, crosspost the job
        offering to m.j.o, but this is quite convenient. Think about it -- ASIC
        designers read comp.lang.verilog, UNIX wizards read comp.unix.wizards -- it's
        a more efficient way to get to the target audience. I'd much rather see
        postings in these newsgroups than wade through the noise of
        ``SYBASE/COBOL/SQL/CLIPPER CONTRACT WANTED!!'' postings.

                -Kartik

Yes, I agree - this stuff is fine here. We devote tons of bandwidth to
issues which are of far less interest to the avereage Verilog user than
these sort of jobs ads (Cadence licensing {*filter*}etc etc). As long as they are
directed at the Verilog user population they are fine.

-Alan

---

- Motorola ASIC         Phone:  (602) 814 4449  Fax : (602) 814 4963

Tue, 19 Mar 1996 03:49:21 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>>Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me who sent this guy
>>some e-mail requesting that he NOT post job offers on comp.lang.verilog
>>and comp.lang.vhdl?

>I completely agree - they should use appropriate newsgroups. There are
>various such groups, misc.jobs.offered for example.

I disagree here. The jobs newsgroups are a wasteland of people
looking for kernel programming and Visual Basic services. Targeted here
the job posting is likely to be of interest to everyone who bothers
to read the group. I will probably post something similar in the near
future.

Now, they made 1 (one) post. We've had several in a meta-discussion so
far. Who really cares?

--
Michael Lodman  Department of Computer Science Engineering
        University of California, San Diego

    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

Tue, 19 Mar 1996 23:18:49 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:

>>                   Principal Engineer
>>                  Digital ASIC Design

>Looks like the beginning of the headhunters flooding our technical
>newsgroups with job openings they're trying to fill...

I'm sorry, John, but we are *not* headhunters.  We're a top-down
design service firm (offering services much like yours) that's growing
rapidly and we need to quickly fill some permanent VHDL and Verilog
ASIC design positions that we have open within our company.  Due to the
obviously high-quality engineering discussions that go on in this newsgroup,
we thought a few design engineers that frequent this group might be
interested in knowing about new opportunities that are directly related
to their current activities.  No, John, the headhunter/job-shop masses
have not yet descended on comp.lang.verilog... :)

As a side note, the original distribution of the posting was pnw
(that is, the Pacific Northwest) and should not have left the pnw
distribution domain.  Additionally, it was cross-posted to newsgroups
according to standard net etiquette (to minimize net traffic).

Quote:
>Is anyone else bothered by this or is it just me...

My apologies, John, for offending you.  From the volume of resumes we're
receiving, however, there appears to be a large number of people interested
in such opportunities.  For those who would like to discuss this issue
further, my e-mail address and telephone number are shown below.

Quote:

>                                        - John Cooley
>                                          EDA & ASIC Design Consultant

>                                               (508) 429-4357
>              - John Cooley, ASIC Design Consultant knowlegable in Synopsys,
>                Verilog, VHDL, i-Logix, SPICE, MOTIVE, Aida ATPG, ECL/GaAs
>                and numerous Design Methodologies.  Have brain, will travel.

Now, what are we going to do about all this product/service advertising
that's flying around the net?  ;)

Michael T. Horne, President
Qualis Design Corporation

Ph: (503) 531-0377

Wed, 20 Mar 1996 02:22:00 GMT
 JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

Quote:
> Article 1143 of comp.lang.verilog:
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.verilog
> Subject: Re: JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC D

>    I'm not bothered by this one bit.In fact, I think it's more appropriate.
>    misc.jobs.offered is always filled with TONS of postings, which makes it
>    next to worthless to peruse manually. If anything, crosspost the job
>    offering to m.j.o, but this is quite convenient. Think about it -- ASIC
>    designers read comp.lang.verilog, UNIX wizards read comp.unix.wizards
>    -- it's
>    a more efficient way to get to the target audience. I'd much rather see
>    postings in these newsgroups than wade through the noise of
>    ``SYBASE/COBOL/SQL/CLIPPER CONTRACT WANTED!!'' postings.

>            -Kartik

> Yes, I agree - this stuff is fine here. We devote tons of bandwidth to
> issues which are of far less interest to the avereage Verilog user than
> these sort of jobs ads (Cadence licensing {*filter*}etc etc). As long as they are
> directed at the Verilog user population they are fine.

> -Alan

Yes, I think it is good that job openings are posted here. I haven't seen
many Verilog related postings on m.j.o. Posting them here means that people
with Verilog/VHDL skills do not have to wade through m.j.o only to find none
most of the time and that this group is not going to be flooded with job
announcements

Thank you.

Burt.

84, College West,                       Phone : (306) 585-4801  (Lab)
University of Regina,                           (306) 585-4836  (Off)
Regina,                                         (306) 585-4931  (Res)
Saskatchewan S4S 0A2,
CANADA.

Fri, 22 Mar 1996 05:33:04 GMT

1. JOB OPENING: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSIS DC/TC - VERILOG/VHDL, BEAVERTON, OR

2. AZ-PHZ Principal Engineer ASIC/FPGA Design in VHDL/Verilog

3. JOB OPENING: ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSYS DC/TC GURU, BEAVERTON, OR

4. JOB OPENING: ASIC DESIGN, SYNOPSYS DC/TC GURU, BEAVERTON, OR

5. JOB OPENINGS: ASIC Design, Datacom, VHDL, Verilog, Synopsys, Synthesis

6. JOB OPENINGS: ASIC Design, Datacom, VHDL, Verilog, Synopsys, Synthesis

7. Jobs, Denver/Boulder Colorado, ASIC Design, Board Design Engineers

8. Extremely high rates ($$$) in Orlando for VHDL, VERILOG, SYNOPSIS, ASIC DEVELOPMENT

9. Extremely high rates ($$$) in Orlando for VHDL, VERILOG, SYNOPSIS, ASIC DEVELOPMENT

10. *** Job: Design VHDL/Verilog/Synthesis Design

11. *** Job: Design VHDL/Verilog/Synthesis Design

12. ASIC Design / Verification Engineers looking for job