Emacs Verilog mode & 2001
Author Message
 Emacs Verilog mode & 2001

I've loved Verilog mode for Emacs
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) for a while now, but it was
last modified in May, 2002.  And it does not support Verilog 2001 syntax.

Does anyone out there know of an emacs Verilog mode that does support
Verilog 2001?  Please reply to the group.

Thanks,
Keith

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:05:40 GMT
 Emacs Verilog mode & 2001

Quote:

> I've loved Verilog mode for Emacs
> ( http://www.verilog.com/verilog-mode.html ) for a while now, but it was
> last modified in May, 2002.  And it does not support Verilog 2001 syntax.

> Does anyone out there know of an emacs Verilog mode that does support
> Verilog 2001?  Please reply to the group.

I agree.  After a two-year forced VHDL stint, I'm back on Verilog!
However, during that time I got very used to the (x)emacs VHDL mode.
I liked the verilog mode, but the VHDL mode totally blew it away.
Things like copying module port lists and pasting them as instances,
or testbenches, or lists of signals - saved tons of time and typing.
Automatic keyword and signal name completion. No need for the /*auto*/
stuff for fixing sensitivity lists.  Very nice aligning of signal
declarations.  Lots more I can't remember now.

Also, I use the pc-select mode, but when verilog-mode comes up, it
seems to disable pc-select-mode, which is a big pain.  Any ideas?

 David

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:23:03 GMT

1. emacs & verilog-mode

2. Verilog 2001 (1364-2001 IEEE Standard) Question

3. LRM for Verilog 2001 and System Verilog

4. emacs verilog mode?

5. Extension to Emacs Verilog-Mode ?

6. Emacs verilog mode

7. verilog-mode for emacs, `define and /*autosense*/

8. Emacs verilog mode

9. Emacs verilog mode ands Silos?

10. parathesis matching in emacs-verilog mode

11. Emacs Verilog-mode problems

12. Verilog mode for (x)emacs???