Verilog-XL simple question
Author Message
 Verilog-XL simple question

I'm using one of the system commands $dumpvars...

Now I want dumpvars to use an environment variable for the filename

That way, when I invoke XL with "verilog <simname>"

$dumpvar( "$1.vcd", ... );

Unfortunately, after running my simulation, I end up with "$1.vcd" in
my directory...not really what I wanted :)

So how do I get $dumpvar to use the command-line option passed to it?

(We've got Verilog-XL running on Solaris, with standard csh. if that
 makes any difference.)

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Verilog-XL question (important)!

2. Verilog-XL questions

3. Verilog-XL/NC-Verilog Event Order

4. Retrieving protected Verilog code in Verilog-XL??

5. 1364-95 Verilog vs Verilog-XL

6. Verilog 2.7 (Verilog-XL) Warning message

7. A simple Verilog language question

8. simple verilog question

9. Question in french (a simple question, very simple)

10. dynamic PLI in Verilog XL

11. Verilog-XL operators

12. mistake in verilog-xl