memory
Author Message
 memory

i use spartan-II and verilog. i have the following problem

i want to write a dual port memory module, but i want to preload it with
some values in some specific memory locations. I have written some code
for the first part of it. but i can not do it some way to preload values
  . Does anyone has any idea?

Best regards
Antony

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:57:53 GMT
 memory

Quote:

> i use spartan-II and verilog. i have the following problem

> i want to write a dual port memory module, but i want to preload it with
> some values in some specific memory locations. I have written some code
> for the first part of it. but i can not do it some way to preload values
>   . Does anyone has any idea?

> Best regards
> Antony

Hi!
Xilinx Spartan II has BlockRAM support, So use their coregen utility to
generate the Dual port RAM/ROM according to your requirement.
If it is an RAM and you want to preload data, you have to have an external logic
to do so.

Rajkumar...

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:25:58 GMT
 memory

Quote:

> Hi!
> Xilinx Spartan II has BlockRAM support, So use their coregen utility to
> generate the Dual port RAM/ROM according to your requirement.
> If it is an RAM and you want to preload data, you have to have an external logic
> to do so.

> Rajkumar...

I think you can preload the memory locations with the value of your
choice. This facility is also available in coregen utility. But i am
not sure whether you can preload only particular memory locations with
the value of your choice. I used to work on this sort of things two
years back so may be my memory have faded a bit but anyway try it out.
pranav

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:28:46 GMT
 memory
Yes you can preload rams using coregen.  You can specify a file that
contains the ram values to preload into memory.  Or you can use the
FPGA editor to do it manually but that is a lot harder.

Jon

Quote:

> > Hi!
> > Xilinx Spartan II has BlockRAM support, So use their coregen utility to
> > generate the Dual port RAM/ROM according to your requirement.
> > If it is an RAM and you want to preload data, you have to have an external logic
> > to do so.

> > Rajkumar...

> I think you can preload the memory locations with the value of your
> choice. This facility is also available in coregen utility. But i am
> not sure whether you can preload only particular memory locations with
> the value of your choice. I used to work on this sort of things two
> years back so may be my memory have faded a bit but anyway try it out.
> pranav

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:07:38 GMT

1. Ways to detect conventional memory size and Memory Low

2. Ways to detect conventional memory size and Memory Low

3. Error BASE/5300 memory low with *more* memory

4. Memory,Memory everywhere...

5. Reserved memory and memory mapped I/O

6. DMA memory-to-memory transfer

7. Alignment Writing Memory to Memory

8. Memory limit << actual memory available

9. python startup memory size and memory leak

10. Memory usage of PHP script/arrays and memory restriction/error

11. Uninitialized memory errors and memory leaks in Tk

12. memory active causes memory fault