Verilog Class
Author Message
 Verilog Class

We have some folks here who are looking for a class in Verilog.
We are experienced digital designers who would like to write
Verilog at the RTL level, and then go on to simulation and
synthesis.

1 - Any recommendations for a class?

2 - Is a generic class practical, or is it better to take
a class offered by the vendor of the simulator or sythesis
tools we're going to use?

Tue, 07 Jan 1997 23:30:19 GMT
 Verilog Class

Quote:

>We have some folks here who are looking for a class in Verilog.
>We are experienced digital designers who would like to write
>Verilog at the RTL level, and then go on to simulation and
>synthesis.

>1 - Any recommendations for a class?

Cadence's intro class is pretty good.

Quote:
>2 - Is a generic class practical, or is it better to take
>a class offered by the vendor of the simulator or sythesis
>tools we're going to use?

I think it's good to know how to write for fast simulation as well as good
synthesis. Too often, the latter is emphasized and the former is ignored.
While it means learning more about the simulator than the average Joe, it
can pay off big time.

        -Kartik

Wed, 08 Jan 1997 11:55:55 GMT

1. Verilog Class May 12-15 in San Jose