Q: Multisim Powerpro Verilog?
Author Message
 Q: Multisim Powerpro Verilog?

I have a verilog design that I want to put on an FPGA. The design simulates
correctly on the Silos demo verilog software (free). Now I have to make a
decision about what software to get for the next step: build a prototype
(FPGA).

Electronics Workbench has an offer for their Multisim PowerPro Verilog
software (for $4999). Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder how it
compares with other verilog development systems for simulation and FPGA
implementation.

Also, is there a newsgroup that discusses IC prototypes, FPGAs and development
systems? I am in the SF Bay area, and would like to hire a consultant to help
us start this project. We need help in selecting development software and
hardware. The latter would include a logic analyzer, pattern generator, power
supplies, and so on. We have software development experience and only a small
amount of hardware experience. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks

John

email at

jhesse (at) earthlink (dot) net  // fixup & remove the spaces

Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Multisim Powerpro Verilog?
I have used Synplicity's tool Synplify for this purpose very
successfully. www.synplicity.com

Quote:

>I have a verilog design that I want to put on an FPGA. The design simulates
>correctly on the Silos demo verilog software (free). Now I have to make a
>decision about what software to get for the next step: build a prototype
>(FPGA).

>Electronics Workbench has an offer for their Multisim PowerPro Verilog
>software (for $4999). Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder how it
>compares with other verilog development systems for simulation and FPGA
>implementation.

>Also, is there a newsgroup that discusses IC prototypes, FPGAs and development
>systems? I am in the SF Bay area, and would like to hire a consultant to help
>us start this project. We need help in selecting development software and
>hardware. The latter would include a logic analyzer, pattern generator, power
>supplies, and so on. We have software development experience and only a small
>amount of hardware experience. Any pointers are appreciated.

>Thanks

>John

>email at

>jhesse (at) earthlink (dot) net  // fixup & remove the spaces

muzo

Verilog, ASIC/FPGA and NT Driver Development Consulting (remove nospam from email)

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Multisim Powerpro Verilog?

Quote:

> I have a verilog design that I want to put on an FPGA. The design simulates
> correctly on the Silos demo verilog software (free). Now I have to make a
> decision about what software to get for the next step: build a prototype
> (FPGA).

> Electronics Workbench has an offer for their Multisim PowerPro Verilog
> software (for $4999). Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder how it
> compares with other verilog development systems for simulation and FPGA
> implementation.

I don't know of Multisim however Modelsim (www.model.com) has a very good
verilog compiler for the PC and I think the personal version costs ~ 6K. An other
alternative is Verilogger from SynaptiCAD (www.syncad.com). This used to be
Veriwell but synapticad bought it. I used to use Veriwell and it was a good tool.
However I would recommend (if you can afford it) Modelsim over any other product
in it's price range.

Quote:

> Also, is there a newsgroup that discusses IC prototypes, FPGAs and development

Check out comp.arch.fpga and comp.cad.synthesis

Quote:

> systems? I am in the SF Bay area, and would like to hire a consultant to help
> us start this project. We need help in selecting development software and
> hardware. The latter would include a logic analyzer, pattern generator, power
> supplies, and so on. We have software development experience and only a small
> amount of hardware experience. Any pointers are appreciated.

> Thanks

> John

> email at

> jhesse (at) earthlink (dot) net  // fixup & remove the spaces

Joshua Schwartz
ICC Design
Main Phone: 972-8-9287375
Direct Phone: 972-8-9286754
Fax: 972-8-9286250

You can now also find us on EXEMPLAR and ALTERA WEB pages as authorized consultants:
http://www.exemplar.com/support/consult.html
http://www.altera.com/html/programs/acapp/icdesign.html

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Multisim Powerpro Verilog?
If you don't mind getting a vendor dependant tool, you can
check out Altera's MaxPlusII.  I think that there is a free
trial version that can be doenloaded from their website.

Emmanuelle

Quote:

> > I have a verilog design that I want to put on an FPGA. The design simulates
> > correctly on the Silos demo verilog software (free). Now I have to make a
> > decision about what software to get for the next step: build a prototype
> > (FPGA).

> > Electronics Workbench has an offer for their Multisim PowerPro Verilog
> > software (for $4999). Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder how it
> > compares with other verilog development systems for simulation and FPGA
> > implementation.

> I don't know of Multisim however Modelsim (www.model.com) has a very good
> verilog compiler for the PC and I think the personal version costs ~ 6K. An other
> alternative is Verilogger from SynaptiCAD (www.syncad.com). This used to be
> Veriwell but synapticad bought it. I used to use Veriwell and it was a good tool.
> However I would recommend (if you can afford it) Modelsim over any other product
> in it's price range.

> > Also, is there a newsgroup that discusses IC prototypes, FPGAs and development

> Check out comp.arch.fpga and comp.cad.synthesis

> > systems? I am in the SF Bay area, and would like to hire a consultant to help
> > us start this project. We need help in selecting development software and
> > hardware. The latter would include a logic analyzer, pattern generator, power
> > supplies, and so on. We have software development experience and only a small
> > amount of hardware experience. Any pointers are appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > John

> > email at

> > jhesse (at) earthlink (dot) net  // fixup & remove the spaces

> Joshua Schwartz
> ICC Design
> Main Phone: 972-8-9287375
> Direct Phone: 972-8-9286754
> Fax: 972-8-9286250

> You can now also find us on EXEMPLAR and ALTERA WEB pages as authorized consultants:
> http://www.exemplar.com/support/consult.html
> http://www.altera.com/html/programs/acapp/icdesign.html

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

2. Creating an application similar to Multisim or CircuitMaker

3. License for Multisim PE Full

4. multisim

5. ElectornicWorkbench Multisim!

6. Student Multisim 2001

7. several Qs

8. Qs on CLUBMGR, Template BUG ???

9. Qs

10. Qs about language nomenclature

11. New newbies Qs on Ruby

12. Newbie Qs: startup time, Module.constants, chdir, Ruby distro's library