Verilog editor
Author Message
 Verilog editor

I'm searching for a good verilog text editor running on PC windows NT/95

Tnx,
==============================
Jacob Eluz
Intel NPDJ
(Network Product Division Jerusalem)
Add:      Hamarpe 6   POB 45032
             Jerusalem   91450
             Israel
 Tel: 972-2-5892642
 Fax: 972-2-5892600

==============================

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog editor
|> I'm searching for a good verilog text editor running on PC windows NT/95

There is a port of emacs to Win95/NT, and there is a verilog mode.

The support is better than any other editor I've ever used,
and the cost for both is quite reasonable - free.

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html
http://www.surefirev.com/verilog-mode.html
http://www.teleport.com/~celiac/ver_eda.html

Emacs understands and can edit {C, C++, JAVA, email, tar, zip and
compressed files, fortran, Verilog, VHDL, mime, USENET, HTML, and much
more.  You can run make within emacs and jump to errors.  And it runs
on UNIX platforms as well.  So it's a good investment in learning.

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog editor
I use Ultra Edit http://www.ultraedit.com as my general purpose windoze
editor/viewer and Verilog editor.

It has language sensitive highlighting for most languages, and it is easy to
modify or add another.

I like it because it has a binary/hex mode so I can look at/edit strange
files, and I *really* like the way it handles multiple files.  Also, it has
a column mode so you can indent large section of code.  Even has regular
expression search and replace.

Well supported, and *nearly* free.

I don't know how it compares to emacs

Bruce

Quote:

>I'm searching for a good verilog text editor running on PC windows NT/95

>Tnx,
>==============================
>Jacob Eluz
>Intel NPDJ
>(Network Product Division Jerusalem)
>Add:      Hamarpe 6   POB 45032
>             Jerusalem   91450
>             Israel
> Tel: 972-2-5892642
> Fax: 972-2-5892600

>==============================

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Verilog editor
I downloaded Ultra Edit, and it looks promising.  Since you have already
gone to the trouble of adding Verilog syntax highlighting to Ultra Edit,
would you mind sharing it with the rest of the group?

Thanks

Dan Hicks
KVD Company

Quote:

>I use Ultra Edit http://www.ultraedit.com as my general purpose windoze
>editor/viewer and Verilog editor.

>It has language sensitive highlighting for most languages, and it is easy
>modify or add another.

>I like it because it has a binary/hex mode so I can look at/edit strange
>files, and I *really* like the way it handles multiple files.  Also, it has
>a column mode so you can indent large section of code.  Even has regular
>expression search and replace.

>Well supported, and *nearly* free.

>I don't know how it compares to emacs

>Bruce

>>I'm searching for a good verilog text editor running on PC windows NT/95

>>Tnx,
>>==============================
>>Jacob Eluz
>>Intel NPDJ
>>(Network Product Division Jerusalem)
>>Add:      Hamarpe 6   POB 45032
>>             Jerusalem   91450
>>             Israel
>> Tel: 972-2-5892642
>> Fax: 972-2-5892600

>>==============================

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Verilog editor

2. Announcing HierAssist (Verilog editor)

3. verilog editor for NT

4. Verilog Editor

5. Cadence's New Verilog Editor

6. ANNOUNCING : Verilog Editor

7. verilog editor/parser/database

8. Are you looking for a good VHDL/Verilog Editor?

9. Are you looking for a good VHDL/Verilog Editor?

10. VHDL/Verilog Editor for Windows, your change to choose features.

11. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

12. Editor for Verilog?