how can I use a signal defined in one Architecture to another Architecture
Author Message
 how can I use a signal defined in one Architecture to another Architecture

Hello everybody,

I want to use the signal defined in one architecture in VHDL to
another architecture. I have two architecture in the same .vhd file
and I am using Component mapping. I required the result of calculation
of a signal to be used in second architecture. Can any one tell how to
defined signal so that it is globally visible to other architectures.

Regards

Khan

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:51:52 GMT
 how can I use a signal defined in one Architecture to another Architecture

Quote:

> I want to use the signal defined in one architecture in VHDL to
> another architecture. I have two architecture in the same .vhd file
> and I am using Component mapping. I required the result of calculation
> of a signal to be used in second architecture. Can any one tell how to
> defined signal so that it is globally visible to other architectures.

Hello Muhammad,

this is a common question.

The clean way for handling this is to feed the signal through
the port maps.

Regards,
Mario

Chemnitz University of Technology       http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~mtr
Dept. of Computer Science                     Tel.: (+49) 371 531 1660
Chair of Computer Architecture                Fax.: (+49) 371 531 1818

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 04:30:14 GMT
 how can I use a signal defined in one Architecture to another Architecture
Hi Khan,
  If you declare a signal in a package and you include the package
then the signal can be globally used by all architectures that
reference that package.   This is for simulation only and will not
work for synthesis.

Jon

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I want to use the signal defined in one architecture in VHDL to
> another architecture. I have two architecture in the same .vhd file
> and I am using Component mapping. I required the result of calculation
> of a signal to be used in second architecture. Can any one tell how to
> defined signal so that it is globally visible to other architectures.

> Regards

> Khan

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 06:20:46 GMT
 how can I use a signal defined in one Architecture to another Architecture

Quote:

> Hi Khan,
>   If you declare a signal in a package and you include the package
> then the signal can be globally used by all architectures that
> reference that package.   This is for simulation only and will not
> work for synthesis.

This will work for synthesis in Synplify Pro 7.3.
Quote:

> Jon

>>Hello everybody,

>>I want to use the signal defined in one architecture in VHDL to
>>another architecture. I have two architecture in the same .vhd file
>>and I am using Component mapping. I required the result of calculation
>>of a signal to be used in second architecture. Can any one tell how to
>>defined signal so that it is globally visible to other architectures.

>>Regards

>>Khan

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:11:36 GMT

1. fyi - Web services architecture using MVC style

2. New Motion Control Architecture using Forth

3. Landmark Study Reveals 35 Percent Productivity Gains for Businesses Using Model-Driven Architecture

4. Using Observer pattern in client/server architecture - how?

5. Using architecture depending on testbench

6. Using array of constant to control fir filter architecture

8. Embedded Ada applications using Motorola 68xxx architecture

9. Deviant architecture using ZEO

10. Sample Python app using MFC doc/view architecture

11. apl machine architecture

12. RCA Spectra architecture