Timescale resolution
Author Message
 Timescale resolution

Hello all:

Do any of you know how to change/switch timescale resolution, say
from 10 ps to 1 ns, on the fly on Verilog-XL ?  Any information
is very much appreciated.

Frank
Acer Labs. Inc.

Sat, 04 Jan 1997 10:35:23 GMT
 Timescale resolution

Quote:
>Hello all:

>Do any of you know how to change/switch timescale resolution, say
>from 10 ps to 1 ns, on the fly on Verilog-XL ?  Any information
>is very much appreciated.

>Frank
>Acer Labs. Inc.

---
 You cannot go from smaller to larger in timescale resolution. If you have
 many modules that are defined with 1ns resolution, and a SINGLE
 module that has 10ps resolution anywhere in your compilation,
 then Verilog-XL will automatically change ALL other time delays
 to be in the 10ps units.

  However if you have MANY modules already defined with 10ps resolution,
  then adding a module defined in 1ns resolution will only cause that
  1ns resolution model to be automatically scaled to 10ps.

  The simulation occurs at the smallest time unit in ANY module.

 Now, if you wanted to purposely scale down (You have a 1ns simulation
 that you want to change to 10ps units) then if you were to create
 a module (could be a dummy module) with the following statement
 in it:
           `timescale 10ps/10ps

 and include it in your compilation everything will occur at 10ps.

 As far as I know there is no way to scale up timescale.

 There is no way to change timescale "on the fly" (ie from the
 command line).
 Jim Stein                     phone: (508) 266-4554
 ascom Timeplex APBU           fax:   (508) 264-4999
 289 Great Road, Suite 209

Tue, 07 Jan 1997 21:53:58 GMT
 Timescale resolution

|> >Hello all:
|> >
|> >Do any of you know how to change/switch timescale resolution, say
|> >from 10 ps to 1 ns, on the fly on Verilog-XL ?  Any information
|> >is very much appreciated.
|> >
|> >Frank
|> >Acer Labs. Inc.
|>

|> [most of reply deleted]
|>
|>  There is no way to change timescale "on the fly" (ie from the
|>  command line).

What about $timeformat from the interactive Verilog shell?

Cadence Design, 270 Billerica Rd., Chelmsford MA 01824-4140
"I used to have Time. Now I have Twins"

Sat, 11 Jan 1997 03:11:25 GMT
 Timescale resolution

Quote:

>|> [most of reply deleted]
>|>
>|>  There is no way to change timescale "on the fly" (ie from the
>|>  command line).

>What about $timeformat from the interactive Verilog shell?

>--

>Cadence Design,     270 Billerica Rd., Chelmsford MA 01824-4140
>"I used to have Time. Now I have Twins"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
$timeformat only affects the "printed" scale of time values.. (ie
if you want $gr_waves, $monitor output etc to show time as 1.00 ns)

--
Gord Wait       S-MOS Systems Vancouver Design Centre
                (B.C. Canada eh!)

Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:06:48 GMT
 Timescale resolution

|> >What about $timeformat from the interactive Verilog shell?
|> >

|> Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
|> $timeformat only affects the "printed" scale of time values.. (ie
|> if you want $gr_waves, $monitor output etc to show time as 1.00 ns)
|>
|> --
|> Gord Wait         S-MOS Systems Vancouver Design Centre
|>                 (B.C. Canada eh!)

$timeformat alos controls the timescale of the interactive shell
in Verilog-XL. I don't know if this is was Frank was asking about
or not.

Cadence Design, 270 Billerica Rd., Chelmsford MA 01824-4140
"I used to have Time. Now I have Twins"

Sat, 18 Jan 1997 22:35:46 GMT

1. EditableMovie doesnt return correct timeScale

2. explicit time units and timescale restore in verilog

3. does timescale affect simulation runtime

4. timescale problem

5. timescale precision?

6. timescale

7. vcs timescale ?

8. Timescale for validated 9X compilers

9. Timescales for 8.4 release

10. Fatal Error - couldn't set time resolution

11. Windows resolution

12. How does smalltalk implement inheritance and message resolution?