FTP address of Texas Instruments Scheme Software
Author Message
 FTP address of Texas Instruments Scheme Software

Greetings ...

A long time ago, in an 'old' issue of Scheme digest, I read about Scheme
of Texas Instruments available by FTP (but, I'm not sure). Please, could
you help? Which is the FTP address?

Thanks very much in advance.

Humberto Jose' Bortolossi
Department of Mathematics
BITNET: HJBORTOL at BRFUEM.BITNET

Thu, 30 Dec 1993 21:18:01 GMT
 FTP address of Texas Instruments Scheme Software

Quote:
> Greetings ...

> A long time ago, in an 'old' issue of Scheme digest, I read about Scheme
> of Texas Instruments available by FTP (but, I'm not sure). Please, could
> you help? Which is the FTP address?

    From an old posting:

Subject: Re: FTP address of Texas Instruments Scheme Software

Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme
Subject: Future of TI PC-SCHEME: summary (long)
Date: 21 Apr 91 16:34:53 GMT

A few days ago I posted a request for information about the future of
TI PC-SCHEME and other TI scheme related products.

Most of the replies I got just asked me about the ftp location of
PC-SCHEME source code. I could reply directly to some, but I'm sure I
missed others, so here is it: TI PC-SCHEME is available at
altdorf.ai.mit.edu (18.43.0.246) in the directory /archive/pc-scheme
in tar and zip form. I include at the end the README file containing
COPYRIGHT, licensing information and content of zip files.

there was no activity on PC Scheme nor were there plans for future work
on the products.

He and many others agreed that it is very unfortunate that TI isn't willing
to develop PC scheme expecially according to the new trends in the PC
industry (Windows, OS/2) and the IEEE standard.

I was very disappointed that I got no official (or officious) answer
from TI (or ex-TI) people. It seems that TI is becoming expert in
heavily promoving and selling good and innovative products and discarding
them as soon as they are widely used (do you remember the TI-99 ?).
That could be very dangerous. Would you buy today a TI explorer?
What about a TI laser printer?

Massimo

             DSAC-TMP, Bldg. 27-1, P.O. Box 1605, Columbus, OH 43216-5002

Phone:  614-238-9431  AUTOVON: 850-9431   FAX: 614-238-9928

Fri, 31 Dec 1993 20:13:42 GMT

1. Problems with PC Scheme (Texas Instruments)

2. Texas Instruments PC Scheme

3. Problems with PC Scheme (Texas Instruments)

4. Clipper & Texas Instruments Pro 600 Laser Printer

5. Forth for the Texas Instrument TMS320 DSP processor

6. Oberon and Texas Instruments DSPs

7. texas instrument

8. Texas Instruments appoints DDC-I Exclusive Distributor for Three Ada Products

9. Internal Staffing at Texas Instruments - FPGA w/VHDL

10. Protected mode bug in Texas Instruments 486DLC-40BGA CPUs

11. Texas Instruments TMS320C3201

12. Smalltalk vs. Texas Instruments Composer