Macro Expansion "...And Then Things Started Getting Even Better"
Author Message
 Macro Expansion "...And Then Things Started Getting Even Better"

I was looking through some wonderful notes titled "An introduction to
macro expansion algorithms" written by Peter S. Housel and found in
the Scheme repository.  There are 4 parts of what he says will be a 9
part paper.  The last section states

Quote:
> 4.5 ...And Then Things Started Getting Even Better

> In the time between 1988 and 1992, several improved expansion
> algorithms were invented.  In the following sections, we will look at
> these algorithms, and then we will show how each of them can be used
> to implement the pattern language.

The notes are fun to read from both a technical and historical angle.
Unfortunately the notes drop off just when the plot is getting thick.
Can anyone recommend something else I can read to complete the picture
that Housel was painting?
--
John Gerard Malecki                  VLSI Libraries Incorporated;  408/487-5302

Tue, 19 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Serialization" in macro expansion

2. better "gets"?

3. "glob" expansions

4. "AN EVENING WITH BOOCH AND RUMBAUGH"

5. Filling out "even" labels

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. More "things you cannot do"

8. Looking for a scrollable "thing"

9. Manual describing MACRO "Concept 14"

10. Problem with "Noting-Progress" macro

11. About ''"CooL": low-level macros considered useful

12. the "loop" macro