SLG : The Scheme Library Group
Author Message
 SLG : The Scheme Library Group

Hi all,

What's "The Scheme Library"? you might ask... Well, let me answer you.
The Scheme Library is a webpage under intensive development whose idea to
create it was mine. The SLG is a group of people that are colaborating
in the SL (Scheme Library) to send in this initial phase ideas,
procedures, articles, news etc.. Indeed to promote Scheme as a language
useful not
only to learn programming we need something to give to programmers that
are not aware *yet* of Scheme potentials. Any of you that are interested
to join this Scheme Library project and spend some minutes, hours, days,
or years (depending on your free time) working to the same goal as other
Scheme programmers around the world please contact me to

help and Scheme needs our help...
Thanks for everything and remember that I'm waiting for you.

My best regards and schemers salutations,

Paulo J Matos aka PDestroy

(display "Scheme IS a programming language")

(error "You are taking to long to answer me... What's up? :)")

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SLG : The Scheme Library Group
I've received an e-mail with a very important question and I'd like in
case you thought the same thing. This project is not a clone, repliclate
or copy of the SRFI (Scheme Request for Implementation), ok? This project
is a different one with still very few resources compared with SRFI.
What I'm trying to create is a very big source of information to present
to newbies and also intermediate and advance scheme programmers and
other language programmers so everybody learn and know that Scheme exists
and what it is about.

I hope I made it clearer.

Regards,

Paulo J Matos aka PDestroy

Quote:
> Hi all,

> What's "The Scheme Library"? you might ask... Well, let me answer you.
> The Scheme Library is a webpage under intensive development whose idea to
> create it was mine. The SLG is a group of people that are colaborating
> in the SL (Scheme Library) to send in this initial phase ideas,
> procedures, articles, news etc.. Indeed to promote Scheme as a language
> useful not
> only to learn programming we need something to give to programmers that
> are not aware *yet* of Scheme potentials. Any of you that are interested
> to join this Scheme Library project and spend some minutes, hours, days,
> or years (depending on your free time) working to the same goal as other
> Scheme programmers around the world please contact me to

> help and Scheme needs our help...
> Thanks for everything and remember that I'm waiting for you.

> My best regards and schemers salutations,

> Paulo J Matos aka PDestroy

> (display "Scheme IS a programming language")

> (error "You are taking to long to answer me... What's up? :)")

Tue, 14 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SLG : The Scheme Library Group

+---------------
| This project is not a clone, repliclate or copy of the SRFI...
| What I'm trying to create is a very big source of information to present
| to newbies and also intermediate and advance scheme programmers and
| other language programmers so everybody learn and know that Scheme exists...
+---------------

And how would this differ from, say, any of:

        http://www.schemers.org
        http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/scheme/index.html
        http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/su/su.html
        http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/SRhome.html
        http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/
                ai/lang/scheme/0.html

or for that matter, even:

        http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/Teaching/material.shtml
        http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/Teaching/
        http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html
        http://www.cs.indiana.edu/eip/
        http://www.schemers.com/schools.html

-Rob

-----

Applied Networking              http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
Silicon Graphics, Inc.          Phone: 650-933-1673
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.         FAX: 650-933-0511
Mountain View, CA  94043        PP-ASEL-IA

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

2. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

3. A new release of the SLG system

4. The SLG system is available by anonymous FTP.

6. click the link for the best google group http://groups-beta.google.com/group/boysworld

7. Nova Scheme Group

8. Non MIT specific scheme user group

9. Minutes of the 3rd IEEE Scheme Working Group meeting

10. Scheme standard group: anything happening ??

11. "groups" in Scheme

12. Scheme new group