Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows 3.1
Author Message
 Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows 3.1

I am having memory problems with the PC version of MIT Scheme for Windows 3.1.
I can get the basic Scheme system to install, but when I try to build either Edwin
or the Compiler, I get an "Insufficient Memory for this operation" alert message.
If I try to execute the installation without the -large option, it gets farther,
but then quits with a message about being unable to write file 1???

I also did some experimenting and found that I cannot run the Scheme by itself
with the -large option.  It gets the same message.  What memory it this referring
to?  This really has me puzzled.  I have a 486DX2 66 MH PC with 16 MB of memory.
How much memory does this system take?  Has anyone seen this problem before?  Is
there a workaround?

If this problem is not "fixable," is there another Scheme for Windows with similar
capabilities?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Jack A. Gaines, Jr.

NSWCDD, Dahlgren, VA  22443  (USA)
(703) 663-8306

Fri, 07 Mar 1997 22:01:11 GMT
 Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows 3.1

Quote:
> If this problem is not "fixable," is there another Scheme for Windows
> with similar capabilities?

I'm also highly interested in getting an alternative solution. As
long as MIT Scheme will require Win32s, it will be totally unusable
for me.
--
Emmanuel Baechler.                        | Tel.: ++41-21-314-29-06
Etat de Vaud                              | Fax:  ++41-21-314-45-55

Les Allieres                              | Standard Disclaimer
CH-1011 Lausanne        Switzerland

Political correctness = the replacement of historical biasses in the language
                        by new ones that are more suitable for the speaker's
                        purposes
Gun control laws don't die, people do.
Ban the bomb. Save the world for conventional warfare.

Sat, 08 Mar 1997 15:12:40 GMT

1. Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows

2. MIT Scheme under Windows 3.1 and SICP

3. Problems Installing MIT Scheme under Windows

4. Problems with tiled Windows under MS-Windows 3.1

5. REXX for MS Windows 3.1 or MS WfWG 3.11

6. Installing MIT Scheme in Windows 95

7. Apparent error: MIT Scheme 7.3 on MS Windows

8. Problems installing MIT otcl under Windows

9. Problem: MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on Windows NT 4.0 under NT Emacs

10. MIT Scheme 7.5a and MIT Scheme 7.4.2

11. Installing Clipper program in Windows 3.1/95

12. Forth for MS Windows 3.1