Installing MIT Scheme
Author Message
 Installing MIT Scheme

I have not found this in the faq - though I have been unsuccessful in
obtaining it from the ftp site - so please forgive me if this too
frequently asked.

I am trying to install mit scheme 7.3 on windows 3.11.   I can get
scheme up and running (I have 16 Meg) but not edwin nor the
compiler due to insufficient memory.  Memory itself is not the issue
because Iwas able to get it up and running on NT with 16 Meg.

Has anyone else met this challenge?

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing MIT Scheme

Quote:

>I have not found this in the faq - though I have been unsuccessful in
>obtaining it from the ftp site - so please forgive me if this too
>frequently asked.

>I am trying to install mit scheme 7.3 on windows 3.11.   I can get
>scheme up and running (I have 16 Meg) but not edwin nor the
>compiler due to insufficient memory.  Memory itself is not the issue
>because Iwas able to get it up and running on NT with 16 Meg.

>Has anyone else met this challenge?

Could be you are running out of resource space - NT's memory management is
much more sophisticated than Windows'. There are a number of types of memory
block which Windows will only allocate out of low memory (i.e. the first 1
meg) and hence programs can fail for lack of memory long before all memory has
been allocated. NT does not suffer from these restrictions.

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Installing MIT Scheme under Linux, again.

2. Q: Installing MIT Scheme under Linux, again.

3. installing mit scheme 7.3 - ignore previous post

4. Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows

5. Problem with installing MIT Scheme under MS Windows 3.1

6. Problems Installing MIT Scheme under Windows

7. Installing MIT Scheme in Windows 95

8. MIT Scheme 7.5a and MIT Scheme 7.4.2

9. MIT.Scheme.pc 7.3.0 install?

10. mit-scheme for mips-ultrix install trouble (Help!!)

11. Need comparison between Bigloo scheme, MIT-sheme,PLT-scheme

12. TI Scheme functions for MIT C-Scheme - 3 of 3