JAVA to Scheme
Author Message
 JAVA to Scheme

Hi
i am looking for a Java-to-Scheme translator.
any clues?

TIA
Hassoun

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 JAVA to Scheme
Hello Hassoun,

Quote:
> i am looking for a Java-to-Scheme translator.
> any clues?

From http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
The Kawa Scheme system, by Per Bothner

Kawa is a Scheme environment, written in Java, and that compiles Scheme
code into Java byte-codes.

I don't use it so can't help you any more.
Hope this helps.
Bye.

(lambda (msg)
  (case msg
        ((name)         "Miki Tebeka")

        ((homepage)     "http://www.tebeka.freeservers.com")
        ((quote)        "All computers wait at the same speed")))

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 JAVA to Scheme

Quote:

> Hello Hassoun,

> > i am looking for a Java-to-Scheme translator.
> > any clues?
> From http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
> The Kawa Scheme system, by Per Bothner

> Kawa is a Scheme environment, written in Java, and that compiles Scheme
> code into Java byte-codes.

> I don't use it so can't help you any more.
> Hope this helps.

I use Kawa.  It's a great system, but it's not a Java-to-Scheme
translator.  Are you sure you want such a translator?  It would be very
hard to write such a translator so that the resulting code takes
advantage of Scheme's power and conciseness.  More likely you would end
up with Scheme code that looks like Java, only with more parentheses.

What is the problem you're trying to solve?

--
(define (b l) (begin (display (string-append (make-string (- 40 (quotient
  (string-length l) 2)) #\space) l)) (newline))) (for-each b '("" "Bruce Lewis"

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 JAVA to Scheme
I am a beginner in Scheme programming , and illiterate in Java. i have
an interesting java code that i would like to see under Scheme.

any creative ideas?
TIA
Hassoun

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FYI: Fundamental flaw in Java library distribution scheme

2. Scheme/Java: is it possible

3. Kawa 1.2 (Scheme-in-Java) released

4. ANNOUNCE: Kawa 1.0 - Scheme compiler and runtime in Java

5. Scheme and Java

6. Q: Scheme to Java compiler?

7. Scheme vs Java

8. Scheme or Lisp in Java?

9. building JAVA applications with LISP/SCHEME

10. scheme on java & MIDP

11. scheme for java

12. Scheme/Java, BSD/Linux, Anarchy/Monarchy