MacGambit load problem
Author Message
 MacGambit load problem

|> Hi, I'm a non-lisp user who is trying to help a friend that's learning
|> scheme. She's got MacGambit on a diskette and I've tried to find the
|> anwer both in the inline help and in your faq, to no avail...
|>
|> We manage to enter commands/functions in the interactive window and
|> run them by command-CR or ENTER, by when we save code in a file and
|> do load (command-J) the interpreter reads the file and says #[undefined],
|> the files that comes with the compiler yields the same result.
|>
|> What do we do wrong, it can't be that we must paste all code into the
|> interactive window all the time ?

I got a nice email answer suggesting that the #[undefined] does not
mean anything serious, and he was right. The function was loaded...
(and returned nothing, hence undefined)

We checked if the function was loaded,
but must have got something else wrong :-(

Nice with quick and correct answers :-)

Bye,

*** Olle ***

Snail Mail - Astronomical Observatory, Box 515, 751 20 Uppsala, Sweden

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:54:27 GMT
 MacGambit load problem

Hi, I'm a non-lisp user who is trying to help a friend that's learning
scheme. She's got MacGambit on a diskette and I've tried to find the
anwer both in the inline help and in your faq, to no avail...

We manage to enter commands/functions in the interactive window and
run them by command-CR or ENTER, by when we save code in a file and
do load (command-J) the interpreter reads the file and says #[undefined],
the files that comes with the compiler yields the same result.

What do we do wrong, it can't be that we must paste all code into the
interactive window all the time ?

Please answer by email or both, I might miss a post-only answer...

Thank you very much,

*** Olle ***

Snail Mail - Astronomical Observatory, Box 515, 751 20 Uppsala, Sweden

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:08:13 GMT

1. MacGambit/Mac SE problem

2. Highly obscure MacGambit Problem

3. Thomas & MacGambit Hack