Linked lists and key press indicators?
Author Message
 Linked lists and key press indicators?

Is there any way to implement linked lists in Scheme?  Also, is there
any way to determine when specific key of the keyboard have been pressed
using Scheme?

Any examples of code out there that do either of these things would
be very helpful!

Lara

Sat, 12 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linked lists and key press indicators?

Quote:

>Is there any way to implement linked lists in Scheme?

This reminds me of the time when a colleague of mine (a professor of
computer science!) argued that we should teach our intro CS course
using C++ instead of Scheme, because in C++, if you want to have
lists of integers in your program and also lists of reals, you only
have to write the code once.

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linked lists and key press indicators?
   Is there any way to implement linked lists in Scheme?

Scheme lists are linked lists, you just do not usually see the
links. For example:

        (define l (list 1 2 3))
        l => (1 2 3)

splice stuff inside the list:

        (set-cdr! (cdr l) (cons 42 (cdr (cdr l)))
        l => (1 2 42 3)

   Also, is there
   any way to determine when specific key of the keyboard have been pressed
   using Scheme?

Not in general, but just about all implementations have some
implementation specific way of doing that. Which Scheme are you using?
--
Pertti Kellom\"aki (TeX format)  #       These opinions are mine,
  Tampere Univ. of Technology    #              ALL MINE !

Mon, 14 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linked lists and key press indicators?

Quote:
>   Also, is there
>   any way to determine when specific key of the keyboard have been pressed
>   using Scheme?

>Not in general, but just about all implementations have some
>implementation specific way of doing that. Which Scheme are you using?

MIT Scheme.  Does anyone know of any sources of information on the web
that delve into the utilization of MIT Scheme's I/O capabilities?

Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linked lists and key press indicators?
: >   Also, is there
: >   any way to determine when specific key of the keyboard have been pressed
: >   using Scheme?
: >
: >Not in general, but just about all implementations have some
: >implementation specific way of doing that. Which Scheme are you using?

: MIT Scheme.  Does anyone know of any sources of information on the web
: that delve into the utilization of MIT Scheme's I/O capabilities?

        Check the archives at ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository.
I found a reference guide for MIT Scheme in .info and Windows .hlp file
format.

--
Andy Steinbach

Wed, 16 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to capture key-presses (keyboard-presses)???

2. Deallocating linked lists of linked lists

3. Caps Key Indicator?

4. Auto Inc Key with Must be in List Field in Multi Part Key

5. Extracting list of keys from 2-key dictionary

6. IBM VA close window upon key pressed event

7. many keys pressed at the same time

8. Tracking key presses, mouse clicks and mouse movements?

9. KEY PRESSED DETECT(@@@@ Help Please @@@@)

10. pressing ESC key in source procedure

11. Trapping a key press event

12. Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press