preferred practical parsing?
Author Message
 preferred practical parsing?

1) How do you wizards write parsers in scheme?

2) Are their lex/yacc-like parser solutions for scheme?

3) Was the previous question uninformed?  What should I have asked?

4) What kind of scheme parsers generate the fasted code?

5) What kind of scheme parsers are quickest/most-accurate to write?

I found "prec.scm" in the scheme library (slib).  Comments on it?

And thank you for your comments.

--
Daniel Ortmann, IBM Circuit Technology, Rochester, MN 55901-7829

"The answers are so simple, and we all know where to look,
but it's easier just to avoid the question." -- Kansas

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 preferred practical parsing?

Daniel> 1) How do you wizards write parsers in scheme?

Daniel> 2) Are their lex/yacc-like parser solutions for scheme?

Daniel> 3) Was the previous question uninformed?  What should I have asked?

Daniel> 4) What kind of scheme parsers generate the fasted code?

Daniel> 5) What kind of scheme parsers are quickest/most-accurate to write?

Essence is about as fast as it gets, I think.  Compiled with the right
Scheme implementation, it runs about as fast as Bison on the average:

http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/proglang/software/essence/

--
Cheers =8-} Mike
Friede, V?lkerverst?ndigung und berhaupt blabla

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 preferred practical parsing?

Quote:

> 1) How do you wizards write parsers in scheme?

Although I am not a wizard, read my answer to 2)

Quote:
> 2) Are their lex/yacc-like parser solutions for scheme?

Yes, there are, e.g. in bigloo Scheme
(see http://kaolin.unice.fr/~serrano/bigloo/Doc/bigloo.html under
4.8 and 4.9).

Quote:
> 3) Was the previous question uninformed?

No.

Quote:
> 4) What kind of scheme parsers generate the fasted code?

I don't know.

Quote:
> 5) What kind of scheme parsers are quickest/most-accurate to write?

2) is easier and more elegant than lex/yacc.

Ciao
Sven

Computer Science VII (AI)
University of Hagen
58084 Hagen - Germany     http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/hartrumpf

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. OOP, RDBMS, IBM Visual Age/SmallTalk, Informix and Perl preferred

2. Making the attribute 'self' preferred

3. Which Installer program do you prefer?

4. Prefer to have ALL buttons "Skip"

5. US-DC VisualWorks (preferred)

6. Preferred Font Size for Reports

7. Contract-Smalltalk(VW preferred), Colorado

8. Hot Smalltalk Contract(VW preferred), Colorado

9. "Contract-Smalltalk(VW preferred),

10. signed true preferred why?

11. Waterfall plot routine (multi-color preferred)

12. Preferred Threading Model for F21/i21?