Newsgroups: comp.lang.ml,comp.lang.scheme
Subject: Re: History of "Continuations"
Date: 6 Apr 1995 13:42:23 GMT

   [John Reynolds recently wrote a fantastic article on the history
    of continuations.  I can't remember off the top of my head where
    it appeared.  I'm sure someone else knows... -Greg]

The Discoveries of Continuations
John C. Reynolds
Lisp and Symbolic Computation 6:233-247 1993

It was (perhaps still is) available from Reynold's ftp site.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Fingerhut

Washington University, St. Louis MO

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know where John Reynolds FTP site is?

the way for me.  The URL for several papers written by John C. Reynolds
is:

ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/jcr/

The paper "The Discoveries of Continuations" is available there in
DVI and postscript formats, in the files:

histcont.dvi.gz
histcont.ps.gz

Andy Fingerhut

Washington University, St. Louis MO

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know where John Reynolds FTP site is?

Quote:

>the way for me.  The URL for several papers written by John C. Reynolds

Of course, an attribution isn't very kind if it gets the name wrong.
I should have copy and pasted Bridget's name, as I did the E-mail
address (and even that was copied from the wrong place).  Sigh.

As penance, you may now all refer to me as Andy Fingehut.

Andy Fingerhut

Washington University, St. Louis MO

Tue, 14 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Want to know FTP Site for LOGO Program

2. known ftp sites ???

3. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

4. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

5. anyone know any good sites

6. Does anyone know a good site about Prolog ?

7. new ftp engine at my ftp site!

8. LLNL Web site / FTP site down

9. John's www site ?

10. Anybody know why I am timing out