syntax-case for Gambit?
Author Message
 syntax-case for Gambit?

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a syntax-case implementation
that can be used with Gambit (or more precisely, MacGambit).  I
really don't have much of an idea about how difficult this is;
perhaps just applying the right tweaks to hooks.ss would work,
or maybe Gambit's define-macro just isn't powerful enough to make
something like syntax-case work.

Any ideas?

thanks,

john clements

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 syntax-case for Gambit?
[John Clements]

|   I'm wondering if anyone out there has a syntax-case implementation
|   that can be used with Gambit (or more precisely, MacGambit).  I
|   really don't have much of an idea about how difficult this is;
|   perhaps just applying the right tweaks to hooks.ss would work,
|   or maybe Gambit's define-macro just isn't powerful enough to make
|   something like syntax-case work.
|
|   Any ideas?

Sure.  The syntax-case implementation in SLIB works just fine with
MacGambit.

--

Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 syntax-case for Gambit?

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a syntax-case implementation
that can be used with Gambit (or more precisely, MacGambit).  I
really don't have much of an idea about how difficult this is;
perhaps just applying the right tweaks to hooks.ss would work,
or maybe Gambit's define-macro just isn't powerful enough to make
something like syntax-case work.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure that it's what you're looking for but take a look at
ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/eopl/
specifically gambitmacros.s .
This site is for the Essentials of Programming Languages text by
Daniel P. Friedman, Mitchell Wand, and Christopher T. Haynes
which uses an implementation of record structures extensively.

May be useful...

-Josh
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|        Josh Berdine       |  Sophomore Computer Science / Math Major   |
| 400 Comstock Ave.  Box 19 |             Syracuse University            |

\------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Tue, 18 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. syntax-case for Gambit-C

2. Syntax-case vs. syntax-rules

3. extend-syntax for Gambit-C?

4. Switch/Case syntax

5. Upper case / Lower case I'm a lost case

6. CASE vs case vs Case...

7. Syntax-Case

8. Seeking extend-syntax definition for record-case construct

9. case-lambda syntax in Chez Scheme

10. syntax-case for dummies

11. syntax corner case

12. Syntax-Case for MIT Scheme?