Trouble compiling mzschme as a standalone native executable in win32
Author Message
 Trouble compiling mzschme as a standalone native executable in win32

Greetings.

I am trying to compile a small scheme program into a standalone win32
executable. I have followed the instructions as best as I can. But I couldnt
finally link up the application.

Here is what I did.

-  I got down the mzscheme source.
- I am able to build the "Win32 Release" configuration successfully. This is
the configuration I chose to proceed with.
- I uncommented the #define STANDALONE_WITH_EMBEDDED_EXTENSION in main.c
- Rebuild again. Everything compiled but finally it didnt link. (This is
expected.)
- Wrote a small twoliner to print "hello world" in scheme.called first.scm
- compiled and produced the _loader.obj. ( following is my bash output.)

 $ !55
mzc -o --embedded first.scm
MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 100, Copyright (c) 1996-99 PLT
"first.scm":
 [output to ".\first.obj"]
$ !57
mzc -g --embedded first.kp first.obj
MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 100, Copyright (c) 1996-99 PLT
"C:\PROGRA~1\PLT\SRC\WORKSP\MZSCHEME\_loader.c":
 [output to "C:\PROGRA~1\PLT\SRC\WORKSP\MZSCHEME\_loader.obj"]

- Added _loader.obj to the Visual C++ project.
- Build.

I had to tinker with some settings to get rid of multiple definition linker
warnings.

Finally I get

--------------------Configuration: mzscheme - Win32
Release--------------------
Linking...
_loader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _scheme_reload_first
_loader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _scheme_setup_first
_loader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SYMBOLS_first
./mzscheme.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I know precious little about mzscheme internals.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
pj

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble compiling mzschme as a standalone native executable in win32

Quote:

> - Added _loader.obj to the Visual c++ project.

You're almost there, which is impressive considering all
the hoops you have to jump through to make this work.

Just add first.obj to the project in addition to _loader.obj.
That should take care of the (thoroughly opaque) linking errors.

Matthew

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble compiling mzschme as a standalone native executable in win32
Ofcourse!
That fixed it. Thank you.
pj

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile to standalone Win32 exe

2. Q: recommendations for inexpensive Smalltalk systems that can make standalone executables

3. Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0

4. Return Code of a Labview Standalone Executable

5. Customization of standalone executable setup

6. BlackBox standalone executables problem

7. standalone executables (yet again)

8. VXREXX standalone executables

9. Standalone executables

10. Making A Standalone Executable Under Windows NT/95/98

11. standalone executables?

12. standalone executable