Elk for win32
Author Message
 Elk for win32

Hi,

I tried to post this last night, so if this is the second copy
I apologize.

Has anyone heard of any work being done on an Elk for win32?
if not, how about some other extension language?

thanks,
Lyn

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Elk for win32

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996 18:15:46 GMT, Lyn A Headley

Quote:

>Hi,

>I tried to post this last night, so if this is the second copy
>I apologize.

>Has anyone heard of any work being done on an Elk for win32?
>if not, how about some other extension language?

>thanks,
>Lyn

I have successfully used Elk in the past, on Unix, but since moving to
Windows I have had to make do with C++ and other primitive languages.
Just recently, however, I have been experimenting with MzScheme,
available from Rice University.  They distribute executables for
Win32, and I have even succeeded in recompiling the source code they
distribute on Windows 95.  (There were a few snags, which I have fed
back to the developers.)  I compiled their lib (for extensions) and
their sample main, and it appears to work.

So check it out !Let up know how it compares to Elk.

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Elk for win32

Quote:

> Just recently, however, I have been experimenting with MzScheme,
> available from Rice University.

For anyone else that wants to try it out, MzScheme is at

  http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme/

If you have any problems, please drop us mail at

specifying the platform and version, and it'll get worked on.

'shriram

Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:00:00 GMT

1. ELK or GUILE on win32

2. elj-win32 0.4 Release: The GNU Eiffel win32 Distribution

3. elj-win32: A FREE/NO-RISK win32 SmallEiffel Distribution

4. Calling Win32 API functions with Gnat 3.09 (Win32 version)

5. Win32 extensions using the .NET SDK and the Win32 Platform SDK

6. Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)

7. Win32 Console app -> Win32 app: help wanted

8. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

9. Moving to ELKS

10. ELKS flat-short compliance issues

11. ELKS & flat-short compatibility paradox #1 :-)

12. ELKS bug for class ANY