Information on Scheme
Author Message
 Information on Scheme

Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can go to get information on
Scheme such as it's history why it was created, what's it's uses.  Other
stuff like it's sequence control functions, abstraction, data types and
stuff like that?

AVC

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:52:12 GMT
 Information on Scheme
Quote:

> Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can go to get information on
> Scheme such as it's history why it was created, what's it's uses.  Other
> stuff like it's sequence control functions, abstraction, data types and
> stuff like that?

> AVC

http://www.schemers.org

HTH,
--ag
--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX  (finger the cs.utexas.edu account
for more info)

--
"I'd sooner fly another combat mission than ride the Cyclone
again" -- Joseph Heller

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:55:31 GMT
 Information on Scheme

Quote:

>Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can go to get information
on
>Scheme such as it's history why it was created, what's it's uses.  Other
>stuff like it's sequence control functions, abstraction, data types and
>stuff like that?

Steele's and Gabriel's paper "The Evolution of Lisp"
gives some information about the history of Scheme (among a lot
of other things):

ftp://ftp.cs.umbc.edu/pub/Memoization/Misc/Evolution-of-Lisp.ps.Z

felix

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Scheme

Quote:

>Steele's and Gabriel's paper "The Evolution of Lisp"
>gives some information about the history of Scheme (among a lot
>of other things):

>ftp://ftp.cs.umbc.edu/pub/Memoization/Misc/Evolution-of-Lisp.ps.Z

This link is broken.
--

Yes, God had a deadline.  So He wrote it all in Lisp.

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Scheme

Quote:

>>Steele's and Gabriel's paper "The Evolution of Lisp"
>>gives some information about the history of Scheme (among a lot
>>of other things):

>>ftp://ftp.cs.umbc.edu/pub/Memoization/Misc/Evolution-of-Lisp.ps.Z

>This link is broken.
>--

Indeed. Try this one:

www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/~sburke/pub/Evolution-of-Lisp.pdf

felix

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Scheme

Quote:
> Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can go to get
> information on Scheme such as it's history why it was created,

It's hard to beat 'Lambda: The Ultimate Declarative'

You'll need to search the ai.mit.edu document archive (or google), but
it is online...

david rush
--
From the start, when it was the instrument of the wood-god Pan, the
flute has been associated with pure (some might say impure)

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:37:19 GMT
 Information on Scheme
You can find the link via "Lambda the Ulitmate, Weblog." A Weblog dedicated
to programming languages.
http://lambda.weblogs.com
(you can go directly to http://lambda.weblogs.com/papers )

--

http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <==  Me!

Quote:

> > Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can go to get
> > information on Scheme such as it's history why it was created,

> It's hard to beat 'Lambda: The Ultimate Declarative'

> You'll need to search the ai.mit.edu document archive (or google), but
> it is online...

> david rush
> --
> From the start, when it was the instrument of the wood-god Pan, the
> flute has been associated with pure (some might say impure)
> energy. Its sound releases something naturally untamed, as if a
> squirrel were let loose in a church." --Seamus Heaney

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Information on Scheme

Quote:

<http://www.scheme.org/>
<http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/scheme/index.html>
<http://www.schemers.org/>
<http://www.schemers.com/>
--

Appendium to the Rules of the Evil Overlord #1: "I will not build
excessively integrated security-and-HVAC systems. They may be Really

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:17:38 GMT

1. information on Scheme

2. information on scheme

3. Need information about the StORE database scheme

4. Req: any information about retrieving register information of CPU

5. Need comparison between Bigloo scheme, MIT-sheme,PLT-scheme

6. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

7. scheme/lisp syntax [Re: scheme]

8. scheme->c and other scheme derivative functionality

9. Scheme Interpreter in Scheme

10. Scheme in Scheme

11. Translations from Scheme to C++ as aid to teaching C++ after Scheme

12. Scheme project: SQL in Scheme, good idea?