Message Passing
Author Message
 Message Passing

I am hoping someone can clarify this concept for me.  Can you explain
the difference between data-driven programming and message-passing
programming?  I understand that data-driven programming will build a
table of data types and their respective operations; then the interface
will look for some combination in the table and return the procedure to
be applied to the arguments.  I think I am thinking about this part of
the question correctly. My question is, what is the difference, then,
between the two styles of programming?  Is the data object actually
constructed differently in the second style? Or does the difference lie
in the design of the table?? I'm confused :-)

Thanks,
Cheryl

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. a message-passing puzzle...

2. Forth as a message-passing protocol

3. Win32 message passing

4. Shared Memory vs. Message Passing (Dead Horse Flogging)

5. Message passing vs multi-me

6. message passing not-vs. multimethods

7. Message passing versus multi-method

8. Objects and Message Passing: A Question

9. Message passing and Interpreter generators ?

10. Message-passing object-oriented system

11. message passing vs. generic functions

12. LL2, thread ring, message passing