Essentials of Prog Lang 2nd ed?
Author Message
 Essentials of Prog Lang 2nd ed?

In the online supplement to EOLP by Friedman, Wand, and Haynes (see
<ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/eopl>) I found a chapter that seems to be
a draft for a second edition. Apparently it was to be published in 1994.
Well, that didn't happend, but does anyone know of plans for a second
edition?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Essentials of Prog Lang 2nd ed?

Quote:
> In the online supplement to EOLP by Friedman, Wand, and Haynes (see
> <ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/eopl>) I found a chapter that seems to be
> a draft for a second edition. Apparently it was to be published in 1994.
> Well, that didn't happend, but does anyone know of plans for a second
> edition?

I wondered the same thing and sent email to Christopher Haynes, one of
the authors.  He wrote me back right away, thanked me for my interest,
and said...

Quote:
> I'm afraid plans for a second edition have been on hold for a long
> time, and look like they'll stay that way.

I think the first edition's great.

Steve

--

before starting to improve the world."        --Anne Frank     acm.org
"Paradise is exactly where you are right now,                    OR

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announce: Python Essential Reference, 2nd Ed.

2. return val of exec'ed prog

3. Object-Oriented Software Construction, 2nd Ed. Canceled?

4. 0bject-Oriented Software Construction 2nd Ed?

5. bject-Oriented Software Construction 2nd Ed?

6. OOSC 2nd ed?

7. Object Oriented Software Construction, 2nd ed coming soon???

8. Availability of Starting FORTH, 2nd ed.

9. Starting Forth 1st/2nd ed

10. ??Curry: Foundations of Mathematical Logic, 2nd ed.

11. Mindstorms 2nd Ed. available!

12. ML book, 2nd ed