R4RS in TEXT format?
Author Message
 R4RS in TEXT format?

Isn't there a text version of the R4RS? I really can't stand all this
postscript/dvi/tex/pig-latin format stuff. It seems like there ought to be
something available in a human readable format. After all it's HUMANS that are
supposed to read it...

| Daniel Lakeland. Mathematics Major. Iowa State University                   |

Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:01:32 GMT
 R4RS in TEXT format?

Quote:
> Isn't there a text version of the R4RS? I really can't stand all this
> postscript/dvi/tex/pig-latin format stuff. It seems like there ought to be
> something available in a human readable format. After all it's HUMANS that are
> supposed to read it...

Yup. Don't forget also that ASCII is designed for text-manipulating
programs. Not for humans. Because humans appreciate quality.

Postscript is done just on purpose for comunicating from computer to
human. Of course, you either need a postscript printer or a postscript
interpreter, but that should be a little detail.

        Stefan

PS: yes, I know some people still use commodore-64s

-- On the average, people seem to be acting normal --

Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:41:55 GMT
 R4RS in TEXT format?

Quote:

>> Isn't there a text version of the R4RS? I really can't stand all this
>> postscript/dvi/tex/pig-latin format stuff. It seems like there ought to be
>> something available in a human readable format. After all it's HUMANS that are
>> supposed to read it...
>Yup. Don't forget also that ASCII is designed for text-manipulating
>programs. Not for humans. Because humans appreciate quality.
>Postscript is done just on purpose for comunicating from computer to
>human. Of course, you either need a postscript printer or a postscript
>interpreter, but that should be a little detail.

I don't want it in hard-copy format. And I don't have a PS interpreter because
I use a terminal to login to a UNIX machine. So I wish someone would post a
text version. Oh well apparently not.
| Daniel Lakeland. Mathematics Major. Iowa State University                   |

Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:47:40 GMT

1. R4RS report in text format?

2. Q: R4RS in GNU Info format?

3. R4RS in texinfo format?

4. R4RS in Windows Help format

5. R4RS in Emacs-Info-format?

6. Text-only OR HTML copy of R4RS ??

7. RTF-text format in text fields ?

8. Rendering HTML-formatted text as normal text

9. Tkinter code for formatted text in Text widget?

10. Outputting formatted text from text widget

11. Text format of text widget

12. Formatting text (TOC) using text widget