small scheme interpreter pointers wanted
Author Message
 small scheme interpreter pointers wanted

I am thinking about building a small robot system, and would like to be
able to program it in Scheme.  Are there any implementations for
processors as small as an 8051, 68HC11, or PIC?  I haven't looked at the
AppleIIgs interpreter in the Scheme Repository yet, but that may be a
possibility as well...  Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks,
Jon Buller
Include disclaimers, quotes, etc. as necessary.  SPAMers may not be
happy with the results of their actions with respect to the e-mail
addresses contained in this message.

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 small scheme interpreter pointers wanted

: I am thinking about building a small robot system, and would like to be
: able to program it in Scheme.  Are there any implementations for
: processors as small as an 8051, 68HC11, or PIC?

There was mention of something like this a week or two ago.

:
: > For his masters degree, one of my students (Danny Dube',

: > compiler/interpreter in C that was targeted to an 8 bit 68HC11
: > micro-controler (64Kbyte address space).  One neat feature is that the
: > system also has a hard real-time garbage collector.  If I remember
: > correctly, the bytecode interpreter and GC compile down to less than
: > 10Kbytes of machine code and the Scheme runtime library compiled to
: > bytecode is about 20Kbytes, which would leave you about 30KBytes of
: > stack/heap.
:
: Since many persons have asked for my implementation by mail, I decided
: to upload it to the Scheme Repository at:
:         ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository
:
: I uploaded it a few minutes ago, so I did not receive an
: acknowledgement yet.  It may take some time before it is installed in
: the implementations directory.

PGP fingerprint   45A8 722C D149 10CC   F0CF 48FB 93BF 7289

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scm an interpreter for small scheme programs !???

2. small scheme interpreters with parallel constructs

3. Small embeddable Lisp or Scheme interpreter?

4. small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

5. Small embeddable Lisp or Scheme interpreter?

6. small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

7. A small scheme interpreter and pratt parser.

8. Wanted: small, portable implementation of Scheme in K&R C

9. testers wanted: scheme interpreter for play/hack/test

10. testers wanted: scheme interpreter for play/hack/test

11. Scheme Interpreter in Scheme

12. Writing a Scheme Interpreter in Scheme