Q: Scheme for Linux?
Author Message
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

Is there any free version Scheme for Linux?

Ge

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

Quote:

> Is there any free version Scheme for Linux?

You should read the FAQ.  It lists at least four implementations that
run on linux.  The information on MIT Scheme appears to be a little
out of date since it does not mention MIT Scheme 7.4.2 which runs well
linux.  You can find MIT Scheme from

  http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/scheme-home.html

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

Quote:

> Is there any free version Scheme for Linux?

Try the DrScheme programming environment:

  http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/

Also runs under FreeBSD, etc, etc.  Includes graphics, objects &c.

'shriram

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

geb:

Quote:
>Is there any free version Scheme for Linux?

>Ge

Why, yes.  There's a fantastic package containing a scheme interpreter
(MzScheme), a graphical toolset + Scheme interpreter (MrEd),and a graphical
development environment (DrScheme)

http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages

and

http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

: Is there any free version Scheme for Linux?

I would guess that most all of the free Scheme systems that run under Unix
are available for Linux.  Personally, I like STk, which is a Scheme
interpreter linked with the Tk X11 toolkit of Tcl/Tk fame.

Check the Scheme FAQ -- any of the ones that run under BSD or SVR4 have
probably been ported to Linux.

--
Grant Edwards        | Microsoft isn't the   | Yow!  Now my EMOTIONAL
Rosemount Inc.       | answer. Microsoft     | RESOURCES are heavily
                     | is the question, and  | committed to 23% of the

                                             | industry of the state of
                                             | NEVADA!!

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Scheme for Linux?

You can also use scheme48 and a derivative, kali-scheme.

ftp://swiss-ftp.ai.mit.edu/archive/s48/scheme48-0.45.{tar.gz,tgz}

ftp://ftp.nj.nec.com/pub/pls/kali-0.44.tar.gz

The (main) difference between these two is that kali is built on
scheme48, and provides a transparent shared address space between
different kali proceses (on other hosts as well as the localhost).

-wfe
--
      __
     / /\

  / / /\ \ \  Computer Engineering
 / /_/__\ \ \  Tulane University
/________\ \ \  New Orleans, Louisiana
\___________\/

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. several Qs

2. Q: Installing MIT Scheme under Linux, again.

3. Q: Installing MIT Scheme under Linux, again.

4. MIT Scheme under Linux

5. linux and MIT Scheme 7.4

6. Help with MIT Scheme for Linux

7. ? Elk Scheme, Linux sigaction, SA_SIGINFO, siginfo_t ?

8. scheme compiler for Linux/Dos?

9. needed: Scheme for Linux

10. c-scheme on Linux using emacs

11. Scheme->C for Linux