Help: Installing scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95
Author Message
 Help: Installing scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95

Having tried everything I can think of, I would greatly appreciate any
piece
of advise that will help me to install scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95.
I downloaded the 7.4.2 version from swissnet.ai.mit.edu and followed the
instructions by the letter, i.e. I tried to run

mk_comp.bat
mk_edwin.bat
mk_all.bat

to build the bands.

However, the message I keep receiving on a dos window looks like this:

[WINDOWS] C:\scheme\ETC>bin\scheme -large -library lib -no-init-file
-load
etc\build -eval (compiler.com)
Bad command or file name

I did make sure that I downloaded in a binary mode. I also tried various
ways
to run these files, i.e. from the control panel (adding new software),
from
the run command, from a dos window. To no avail.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

I would be very grateful if somebody could give me a good piece of
advise.

Thomas

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Installing scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95

Quote:

> Having tried everything I can think of, I would greatly appreciate any
> piece
> of advise that will help me to install scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95.
> I downloaded the 7.4.2 version from swissnet.ai.mit.edu and followed the
> instructions by the letter, i.e. I tried to run

> mk_comp.bat
> mk_edwin.bat
> mk_all.bat

> to build the bands.

> However, the message I keep receiving on a dos window looks like this:

> [WINDOWS] C:\scheme\ETC>bin\scheme -large -library lib -no-init-file
> -load
> etc\build -eval (compiler.com)
> Bad command or file name

I've had a similar problem on NT 4.0(b2) some weeks ago when I tried
MIT-scheme.

Finally, I edited the shortcuts definitions to remove the (or some)
quotes (") around the commands/args.

D.
--

Mission Critical, Wijnegemhofstraat 199, B-3071 Erps-Kwerps (Belgium)
Phone: +32 2 759 95 60  Fax: +32 2 759 27 60

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Installing scheme-7.4.2 on Windows95

If you want to skip building your bands manually you should download
Windows 95 easy install from

http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/scheme/index.html

If you get a message after clicking on the run-me-first icon that says that
Scheme appears to have become catatonic just press cancel and installation
will proceed.

MIT Scheme supports only the american keytable but according to the people
at MIT they will inform us who doesent have the american keytable on this
newsgroup in a few days.

Good Luck

Fredrik Lindstr?m KTH Sweden

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Some Help Installing Scheme

2. mit-scheme for mips-ultrix install trouble (Help!!)

3. Install Clipper 5.3 on Windows95 causes errors.

4. Problem installing Ada95 compiler for Windows95 Platform

5. BLT Windows95/NT install?

6. Q) Install scotty on Windows95

7. installing SpecTcl on Windows95

8. Clipper Programs under Windows95/98: HELP (new email)

9. Clipper programs under WINDOWS95 /98: HELP!!

10. Need help on DBCOMMIT() and Windows95

11. ObjectREXX for Windows95 - Help getting started & examples

12. HELP : Keybord configuration problem under Windows95