matrix as vector of vectors
Author Message
 matrix as vector of vectors

Hi,
How to define matrix as vector of vectors?
it has the form (matrix numOfRows numOfCols a b c d...)
thanks,
kitti

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 22 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 matrix as vector of vectors

Quote:

>Hi,
>How to define matrix as vector of vectors?
>it has the form (matrix numOfRows numOfCols a b c d...)
>thanks,

Is this a homework problem?  If it is, I'll give some hints.  If not, maybe
someone will post a full solution.

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 matrix as vector of vectors

Quote:

> How to define matrix as vector of vectors?

Do you know what a vector is ?
Do you know what a matrix is ?

Quote:
> it has the form (matrix numOfRows numOfCols a b c d...)

Then you appear to want a matrix with two dimentions: rows and
columns.

Simon.
--
http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk | John Peel:
No junk email please.          |  [My daughter] has modelled herself on you.
                               | Courtney Love:
                               |  Oh, I'm so sorry.

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 matrix as vector of vectors

Quote:
> Hi,
> How to define matrix as vector of vectors?
> it has the form (matrix numOfRows numOfCols a b c d...)
> thanks,
> kitti

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Dr. R. Kent Dybvig covers some of this in one of his books: see Section 9.1.
Matrix and Vector Multiplication. Since this may be a homework problem, I'll
leave it to you to research the book's title and certainly won't mention if
the book's contents are available on online (hint).

((lambda (args) (display args)) "
   Robert D. Skeels          | Los Angeles illustrator, designer

Mon, 10 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. no vector = vector*vector in BLAS?

2. Vector set!, void vector problem

3. Inserting a vector slice into another vector

4. Optimal SSE code for dot producting 4 vectors with another vector for the Athlon

5. BLT vector creation: creation time grows as number of vectors created grows

6. (simple-vector 20) vs (vector single-float 20)

7. Vectors and Vector Spaces in ST80

8. Designing binary operators for matrix and vector classes

9. matrix and vector classes

10. classes for matrix (vector) structures for FFT

11. Removing vectors from a matrix

12. Vector and matrix computation in functional languages