a few newbie questions...
Author Message
 a few newbie questions...

Hi all.

So, I was punting around with guile last night.  Is it me, or is the
documentation kinda sparse?  The only knowledge of scheme I have is
from brief tutorials by my friend Shawn, and my self-taught knowledge
of emacs-lisp.  Have any suggestions for scheme tutorials or manuals?

Also, I have a few questions that I could probably answer myself given
enough time, but I'm too impatient!

Can I make a scheme function callable by a library?  Specifically, I'm
interested in using libglade to build a gtk app from a .glade file.
I want to have scheme functions as callbacks, is it possible?  I have
the feeling that it is...

How about hash tables?  Is there such a thing in scheme?  Or, what
could I do to get similar functionality?

Matt

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 a few newbie questions...

Quote:

> Hi all.

> So, I was punting around with guile last night.  Is it me, or is the
> documentation kinda sparse?  The only knowledge of scheme I have is
> from brief tutorials by my friend Shawn, and my self-taught knowledge
> of emacs-lisp.  Have any suggestions for scheme tutorials or

manuals?

www.schemers.org should have some tutorials under documentation.

Quote:

> Also, I have a few questions that I could probably answer myself given
> enough time, but I'm too impatient!

> Can I make a scheme function callable by a library?  Specifically, I'm
> interested in using libglade to build a gtk app from a .glade file.
> I want to have scheme functions as callbacks, is it possible?  I have
> the feeling that it is...

There exist guile-gtk Bindings

Quote:

> How about hash tables?

Not in standard Scheme

Quote:
> Is there such a thing in scheme?

Yes, nearly all Schemes come with a sort of hash-table. The most
portable solution is probably to use slib.

Regards
Friedrich
--
for e-mail reply remove all after .com

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. A few newbie questions...

2. A few newbie questions

3. A few newbie questions

4. A few more newbie questions..

5. Few newbie syntax questions

6. newbie....a few questions

7. Please asm newbie with few questions

8. Newbie here, a few questions

9. A few more newbie questions

10. Newbie has a few questions

11. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)