Question: Reading input...
Author Message
 Question: Reading input...

Over the last few days, I've been trying to get Scheme (both
scm and STk) to give me input, using all of the port-reading functions
I could find (read, read-char...) to get it to input data, but
it refuses to recognize the input unless it's terminated by a
carriage return.  Is there any way to get it to stop buffering each
line like this?

(i.e. I'd like it, when presented with input like:
abcdefg#[eof] to give me the abcdefg *and* the #[eof], not just
the #[eof]; abcdefg#[newline]#[eof] works, however.)

Thanks,
Chris

Fri, 23 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie question for reading input file

2. Question: Reading user input?

3. Reading Input from Keyboard - Newuser Question

4. Reading simple user input with VisualWorks

5. Reading from input file writing to output file

6. reading other input file??

7. can AWK read function from input file?

8. Unmatched ( while reading input file

9. Reading one input file, then another

10. RFI: Read-only Input buffers

11. Read-only Input Buffers

12. reading the user input, changing size of a 1D array