small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?
Author Message
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

        (please include <alt.tanaka-tomoyuki> in the followup.)

 what is a good, small, free (shareware) Lisp/Scheme
 interpreter for the PC (DOS)?

 i just want to play with some 5-line toy programs.

 i looked at both Lisp/Scheme FAQ files.
 but i can't tell which one would be good.

 thanks for any suggestions.

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

>         (please include <alt.tanaka-tomoyuki> in the followup.)

>  what is a good, small, free (shareware) Lisp/Scheme
>  interpreter for the PC (DOS)?

>  i just want to play with some 5-line toy programs.

>  i looked at both Lisp/Scheme FAQ files.
>  but i can't tell which one would be good.

>  thanks for any suggestions.

Look up MiniScheme at
ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository/imp/minischeme.tar.gz
It's as small as it gets (archive 19kb). It's pretty minimal,
though. If you want more of R5RS Scheme download its offspring,
TinyScheme (see my homepage - archive 27kb). SIOD is also small,
although not that small (see scheme-repository for that -
archive 151kb, I have also downloaded from some other place another
SIOD archive ~200kb).
You'll have to do the build yourself, no binaries are available
for any free Scheme.

--

Altera Ltd.                       http://www.*-*-*.com/

*** Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop believing
*** in it (VALIS, Philip K.{*filter*})

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?
: You'll have to do the build yourself, no binaries are available
: for any free Scheme.

What about SCMLIT.EXE ?

See http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SCM.html

--

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

> What about SCMLIT.EXE ?

> See http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jaffer/SCM.html

Oops! I missed that! But what does
"Note: SCMLIT still requires slib2c2 and scm5c2 above."
mean? My guess is that you'll have to build scm5c2 on
your own anyway...

--

Altera Ltd.                       http://www.*-*-*.com/

*** Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop believing
*** in it (VALIS, Philip K.{*filter*})

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

>    (please include <alt.tanaka-tomoyuki> in the followup.)

>  what is a good, small, free (shareware) Lisp/Scheme
>  interpreter for the PC (DOS)?

>  i just want to play with some 5-line toy programs.

>  i looked at both Lisp/Scheme FAQ files.
>  but i can't tell which one would be good.

>  thanks for any suggestions.

Telford Tendys recently diluted guile so that it starts on dos/djgpp pretty
fast. He took out all unix-related stuff.

Klaus Schilling

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

> >         (please include <alt.tanaka-tomoyuki> in the followup.)

> >  what is a good, small, free (shareware) Lisp/Scheme
> >  interpreter for the PC (DOS)?

> >  i just want to play with some 5-line toy programs.

> >  i looked at both Lisp/Scheme FAQ files.
> >  but i can't tell which one would be good.

> >  thanks for any suggestions.

> Look up MiniScheme at
> ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository/imp/minischeme.tar.gz
> It's as small as it gets (archive 19kb). It's pretty minimal,
> though. If you want more of R5RS Scheme download its offspring,
> TinyScheme (see my homepage - archive 27kb). SIOD is also small,
> although not that small (see scheme-repository for that -
> archive 151kb, I have also downloaded from some other place another
> SIOD archive ~200kb).
> You'll have to do the build yourself, no binaries are available
> for any free Scheme.

Aubrey Jaffers sells scm binaries on floppies.

Klaus Schilling

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

> You'll have to do the build yourself, no binaries are available
> for any free Scheme.

DrScheme:

  http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/

Binaries available for

  Windows 95/NT
  MacOS PowerPC
  MacOS x86
  HP PA-RISC HP/UX 10
  i386 Linux 2.0
  i386 FreeBSD 2.2
  RS/6000 AIX 3.2 (Motif and Xt)
  SGI Mips IRIX 5.x
  Sparc Solaris 2.5 (Motif and Xt)
  Sparc SunOS 4.x

Of course, source code is available too.

Free as the air around you.

'shriram

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?
scmlit.exe only needs to load some *.scm files from the mentioned
distributions. There is no need to compile anything.
--

FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG Elektronische Schaltungen, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
tel:+49 2331/987-1166 fax:987-355 http://ES-sun1.fernuni-hagen.de/~jfh

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?
MacOS x86?????
When did that happen?

Chris

Quote:

>> You'll have to do the build yourself, no binaries are available
>> for any free Scheme.

>DrScheme:

>  http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/

>Binaries available for

>  Windows 95/NT
>  MacOS PowerPC
>  MacOS x86
>  HP PA-RISC HP/UX 10
>  i386 Linux 2.0
>  i386 FreeBSD 2.2
>  RS/6000 AIX 3.2 (Motif and Xt)
>  SGI Mips IRIX 5.x
>  Sparc Solaris 2.5 (Motif and Xt)
>  Sparc SunOS 4.x

>Of course, source code is available too.

>Free as the air around you.

>'shriram

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

Quote:

> MacOS x86?????
> When did that happen?

Next week, soon as we get done porting MacOS.

For now, you'll have to stick to DrScheme on MacOS 680x0's, I'm
afraid.

'shriram

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. small, free Lisp/Scheme interpreter for PC?

2. Small embeddable Lisp or Scheme interpreter?

3. Small embeddable Lisp or Scheme interpreter?

4. UMB Scheme -- Free Scheme Interpreter

5. free or nearly free lisps for PCs?

6. small scheme interpreter pointers wanted

7. Scm an interpreter for small scheme programs !???

8. small scheme interpreters with parallel constructs

9. A small scheme interpreter and pratt parser.

10. Implementation of a small Lisp interpreter

11. A very small lisp interpreter

12. Small LISP Interpreters in HLL ?