Any Schemes with Generational GC?
Author Message
 Any Schemes with Generational GC?

Are there any Scheme implementations <Free or commercial> that support
generational garbage collection?

Also, are there any implementations with bundled debugging/tracing/inspection
tools that operate at the source level?

Thanks.

-Chris Patti

Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:51:21 GMT
 Any Schemes with Generational GC?

Quote:
>Are there any Scheme implementations <Free or commercial> that support
>generational garbage collection?

I'm fairly sure that Scheme->C uses a generational, mostly copying,
conservative collector.

Sam
--
Samuel Paik / Digital Equipment Corporation / 3D Device Support

  People are the only mirror we have to see ourselves in.
                                         Lois McMaster Bujold, _Mirror Dance_

Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:28:57 GMT
 Any Schemes with Generational GC?

Quote:

> Are there any Scheme implementations <Free or commercial> that support
> generational garbage collection?

Chez Scheme does.

Quote:
> Also, are there any implementations with bundled debugging/tracing/inspection
> tools that operate at the source level?

I'm not sure what you mean by "at the source level", but Chez Scheme
has debugging/tracing/inspection tools.

thant

Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:38:11 GMT

1. Annoucement: qish-0.3 [generational GC + frames]

2. ANN: Qish 0.1 - a copying generational GC for C

3. Generational GC and Lazy Functioanl Languages

4. real-time & generational GC

5. Generational GC

6. Generational GC

7. Status of generational GC?

8. need R3RS code to test my new generational gc

9. Annoucement: qish-0.3 [generational GC + frames]

10. generational gc and large root set

11. bibop + generational gc

12. real-time & generational GC (free incremental GC, too)