Where do I get Scheme for Win95/8
Author Message
 Where do I get Scheme for Win95/8

I am thinking of teaching a simulation course, beginning with
elementary programming using Scheme. I haven't programmed in Scheme
for years, and I haven't the faintest idea where to get a good
implementation for windows that is powerful yet good for teaching
from. Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Herbert M Gintis
Professor of Economics
University of Massachusetts
413-586-7756 (Home/Office)
413-586-6014 (Fax)

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gintis

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Where do I get Scheme for Win95/8

+---------------
| I am thinking of teaching a simulation course, beginning with
| elementary programming using Scheme. I haven't programmed in Scheme
| for years, and I haven't the faintest idea where to get a good
| implementation for windows that is powerful yet good for teaching from.
| Any suggestions?
+---------------

For a Scheme implementation (including a graphical environment)
that runs on Windows 95/98/NT, MacOS, and Unix/X, see:

        <URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/>

For a teaching framework for elementary programming, see:

        <URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/Teaching/>
        <URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/Teaching/Lectures/Released/>

-Rob

-----

Applied Networking              http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
Silicon Graphics, Inc.          Phone: 650-933-1673
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.         FAX: 650-933-0511
Mountain View, CA  94043        PP-ASEL-IA

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a program to inform you when it's done

2. Doing emacs bindings or getting modifiers

3. HttpDist - getting errors, What I'm doing wrong

4. Doing emacs bindings or getting modifiers

5. Can something like this be done in Scheme?

6. Doing statistics in Scheme?

7. Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

8. getting the win95 username

9. Getting Win95 and NT system info

10. Trouble getting started with GNAT for Win95/NT

11. Getting around Win95 port trapping

12. Getting a date in win95