Problem: MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on Windows NT 4.0 under NT Emacs
Author Message
 Problem: MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on Windows NT 4.0 under NT Emacs

Hello --

I'm running MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation.  All works
fine, including edwin.

I would, however, like to try running Scheme under the excellent University
of Washington (Voelker) NT Emacs.  I've tried a variety of command lines to
get this to run, but it looks like the subprocess pegs in an infinite
initialization loop (much like it has been started with no -library
argument).  My task manager shows Scheme taking 90+% of the CPU and the
Emacs *scheme* buffer is dead.  I'm running under xscheme.el from MIT.

The command line I'm trying (and which works fine from the NT shell) is:

        c:\scheme\bin\scheme.exe -emacs -library c:\scheme\lib\ -large

Has anyone been able to get this configuration to work properly?  How?

thanks!
nurk.
--
Tom Nurkkala, PhD

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: MIT Scheme + Windows NT 4.0 + German Keyboard

2. sockets in MIT Scheme for windows NT

3. MIT Scheme for Windows (NT)

4. Is there a scheme for Windows NT 4.0?

5. Powerstation 4.0 and Windows NT 4.0

6. Memory read problems in windows NT 4.0

7. IRQ assignment problem on a Windows NT 4.0 system / LabVIEW 5.0.1

8. coblib problem under Windows NT 4.0

9. A Small Tkinter Problem on Windows NT 4.0

10. MS Fortran PowerStation 4.0 / Windows NT problem

11. BLT2.4 and Tcl8.3.3 Problem on Windows NT 4.0

12. Clock problem under Windows NT 4.0