Debugger for current version of Dr. Scheme?
Author Message
 Debugger for current version of Dr. Scheme?

I can't seem to locate a working de{*filter*} for Dr. Scheme.

These are the 3 options I'm aware of:

(1) If you run Dr. Scheme in Beginning Student mode, you can step through
the program using a built in debugging facility using the "step" button.
However, the Beginning Student mode is very primitive, and so this option
doesn't meet my needs.

(2) There is a static de{*filter*} named MrSpidey. However, the most recent
version on the website is 103, and if you try to install it on the current
version of Dr. Scheme, it will not install, and it gives you an error
message saying that the .plt package is too old to run on this version of
Dr. Scheme.

(3) There are references to a replacement for MrSpidey, called MrFlow.
However, the website says that it's not yet available yet, and I can't find
a download using Google.

Am I missing something? Is there another option?

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:31:59 GMT
 Debugger for current version of Dr. Scheme?

Quote:

> Am I missing something? Is there another option?

Get the CVS-version.

--
Jens Axel S?gaard

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:01:11 GMT
 Debugger for current version of Dr. Scheme?

Quote:

>> Am I missing something? Is there another option?

>Get the CVS-version.

Yes, well, as author of the relevant portion of the CVS tree, let me encourage you
not to try to use the current incarnation of the de{*filter*}.  My plan includes a
simple de{*filter*} for version 203.  Your best bet at the moment is a) to carefully
formulate test cases for your functions so you don't need a de{*filter*}[*], and b) the
errortrace library.

john clements

[*] Please forgive my apparently patronizing attitude. Option A is always the best
one, when applicable, and that's a lesson I'm still teaching to myself.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:09:43 GMT

1. Need help with Chomp (a game for scheme)--Using Dr. Scheme to Program

2. Current Version of PC Scheme

3. Current version of C-Scheme

4. Announcing Psd - The Portable Scheme Debugger, version 1.1

5. Scheme in Dr. Dobb's

6. (Q) Dr. Scheme Editor

7. PLY Dr. Scheme

8. Chez to Dr. Scheme

9. Don't Understand this Dr. Scheme Answer

10. Scheme in Dr. Dobb's

11. Dr. Scheme "local"?

12. Scheme implementation that's closest Avanticorp's version of scheme